Working out everyday

2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    I need to workout everyday for 2 hours to maintain my weight why I eat healthy and limit myself to what I eat
    If you have to workout 2 hours a day to maintain it, then you're probably eating too much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Basic questions would be how much are you eating and what are you eating?

A lot of research suggests that people who exercise a lot tend to get very hungry and eat more than they burn. That's why diet is critical to losing and exercise so important in maintaining.

I agree with this except I believe that exercise and diet are equally crucial in both dieting and maintenance. I hope OP is accurately logging every meal and snack in order to ascertain the actual calories consumed. Otherwise, OP should see a DR. Exercising two hours a day should never be a necessity in order to maintain unless you're eating a TON.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    I need to workout everyday for 2 hours to maintain my weight why I eat healthy and limit myself to what I eat

Interesting that you started a post were you said you were eating at a surplus. Then you start a post that you were binge eating.

You are either an 8-ball or someone who likes to type odd posts and see what responses you get.
  • I workout 5-6 days a week -I do weights cardio-I also believe working out and eating right and log in before I bite the food -helps me-sometime I am at the gym 1 hour sometime 2 hours-it depends-I think to each their own everyone is different-:smile:
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    I don't work out everyday and its because I cut carbs out so my body has no choice but to use fat also if I'm gonna work out then its ok to eat carbs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    I don't work out everyday and its because I cut carbs out so my body has no choice but to use fat also if I'm gonna work out then its ok to eat carbs.
    But you can overeat calories and still not lose weight. Fat loss happens when there's deficit, not necessarily because one cuts carbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Working out regularly and having nutritional diet are important for fitness and healthy body. Whether it is weight lifting, running or simply playing your game, working out is the best way to get your metabolism going and get more energy.
  • DickB3008
    DickB3008 Posts: 4 Member
    I used to swim a mile under 45 minutes every day at lunch time (6 days/week). I rode the bicycle after work (or commuted by bike), between 15 and 25 miles.

With that regimen, I could consume 2800-3000 cal/day and maintain weight and hope that I would not get injured.... which I did on a triathlon (pulled Achilles tendon).

It is extremely difficult to go from a robust diet and exercise routine to almost nothing, and at my age, recovery is slow.

So now, I monitor my caloric intake very carefully (thank you Fitness Pal!) and try to do strength training (weights) and cycling (aerobic) on alternating days, and continue to hope that I don't injured.
  • caminoslo
    Well in my case I don't feel like overeAting when I cut my carbs. Ive actually felt satisfied and when i feel like im getting hungry again i eat little snacks like veggies fruit cheese which contain fiber. Carbs make me feel like I'm lacking something. If you want to try it I'd be happy to hear your results. Remember the food pyramid has failed the American people and recommends 6-11 servings of carbs a daily.
  • caminoslo
    I say workout then but still bring back your carbs down to 50 to 100 which should be mostly from fruits and vegetables.
    Also if you look at a bag of gummy beat candy it brags about being fat free you surely wouldn't be eating that if you also notice it's full of carbs and sugar. But if its non fat yogurt it's also loaded with sugar and carbs
  • Absolutely no expert here on the subject. I would check the exercise that you are doing to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
    I love to walk, but truth be known that I personally haven't seen great results in trying to lose weight (only help maintaining). I started jumping rope and playing tennis, and I got much better results because you burn more calories. Jumping rope isn't my favorite exercise, but it really burns the calories. I love tennis that we can play for two hours and doesn't seem like much work because I am having fun. Just a thought...
    Another thought is my sister who exercised all her life religiously noticed as she hit 40 that she started to gain weight. She learned that it was that her body was processing carbs differently. She reduces her bread intake, and she and her husband dropped the weight and are back on track.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I couldn't do what I do for exercise, everyday. I vary the intensity of my exercise, and I make sure that I get plenty of rest. I can get most of my calorie burning done in 30 minutes. It's strength training, yoga, and dance that take more time.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    A friend of mine has the same issue. He has been diagnosed with metabolic disorder. The more he works out, the more he has to work out to keep losing or to maintain.
    There are treatments but I'm not sure what they are.