Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    *I just spent a bunch of money on size medium scrubs for work and now I need smalls.
    *I had to go buy long sleeve shirts to wear under scrubs because I'm always cold
    *I'm out of room in my workout clothing drawer for all of my winter running gear
    *there are 2 half marathons in May on the same weekend I want to run and I can't decide
    *I have to hear people say how they don't recognize me, I'm wasting away and then tell them what I'm doing to lose the weight
    *I bought a bunch of size 10 stuff on clearance last year because that was my dream size and now I'm a 6/8 and can't wear it
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    boobs on vacation. form-fitting jeans suddenly baggy and ugly, making me look larger. >< haha what else... idk... i love my curves sometimes... i feel empowered by them... but when i weight train i lose bf% so i look less like nigella lawson and more like a square-shaped human... albeit a very healthy one.
  • carasnewlife
    carasnewlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My kids used to like my cooking. :(
    I'm constantly putting myself in danger by running on slippery/uneven surfaces.
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. My belts are too big.
    2. I turn down going out with family and friends because I want to work out, or don't want to eat out (more difficult to track!).
    3. I was just in New Orleans for two months, and the only New Orleans food I ate was a beignet, once.
    4. I get really upset if I can't exercise.
    5. I'm running out of clothes that fit and don't have the money to replace them.

Oh how things have changed! :laugh:
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    HAHA...I love this. My biggest irritation has been my bras not fitting. I can handle saggy pants and flowing shirts, but man when my bra just keeps rising up my back it drives me nuts!
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever :laugh:
  • katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 40 lbs, with LOTS to go, but I'm already suffering from negative stuff.
    1. I'm feeling like a slob most of the time because my clothes are getting so baggy, where as before it was because I just felt huge. My esteem has taken such a hit because of it.
    2. I'm getting socially awkward because now when I talk to certain people they want to talk about how good I'm doing and my wt loss. Its so embarrassing!
    3. The gals at my normal clothing store have started handing me cookies when I come in. They are afraid I'll keep losing and quit shopping there because I will be able to shop in regular plus sizes and not the extended plus store.
    4. The cookie aisle cookies are getting horse from calling my name but never being eaten.
    5. Its really annoying to have to pull up my unders so much.. its a terrible reminder that I will be forced to buy new ones.
    6. The 4x winter coat that I JUST bought last winter is just so huge now and I'm too cheap to buy a another new one until next year.
    7. My poor ta-ta's, they look lost in those big ol cups now and I'm suffering from inner hook shortage on my bras.
    8. So many more dishes to wash! eerrrggg..
    9. I'm noticing that my inner thermostat must be broken. I'm so much colder now than last year.
    10. I'm running out of excuses to not do housework. I'm just not exhausted enough now.
    11.I just don't need this pressure of trying to figure out who / how / when to give away my clothes that are too big.
    12. Carrying around a bottle of water all the time is such a burden, especially when you have to keep one hand free to pull up your unders.
    13. I won't let me just sit around on the pew now while everyone is up worshipping at church. For some reason, I think I need to get up and do all that moving around stuff too.
    14. My arm no longer gets that necessary stretching-as-far-as-possible exercise during bathroom breaks. (sorry, didn't wanna be gross, but it's the fat life)
    15. Forty lbs ago, I only worried about the money I would have to spend if I crossed the line into being diabetic, but now I worry about coming up with enough money to cross the line of another country. How am I going to have time to eat a double cheeseburger and fries when I'm so preoccupied with maps of foreign countries I want to visit?

You are doing an amazing job, Hope your adventures start soon :)
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Jealousy! Is no one else dealing with this? I would love to hear how you are dealing with it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Yes, some of my very much beloved friends who are on the larger side have found it hard to deal with my weight loss. I try not to go on about it when I am with them, but even so I find they are not so keen to get together with me as they were.. I think we used to tske comfort in each other's size, now there is a difference between us. I find it hard.:cry:
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit properly :(
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    This was truly the worst. I loaded up my plate for Thanksgiving, started munching merrily, and found it was a genuine struggle to eat it all. Going back for second and third helpings of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes just wasn't even thinkable. I finished my veggies and pushed the plate aside. And my usual practice of filling another plate with leftovers later that night? Forget it. After not quite a year of this, I'm just not that good at overeating anymore.
    :sad:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have to completely agree with the clothes situation. I just had to spend $100 on new gym clothes. Basically, I just bought my own Christmas present.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This was truly the worst. I loaded up my plate for Thanksgiving, started munching merrily, and found it was a genuine struggle to eat it all. Going back for second and third helpings of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes just wasn't even thinkable. I finished my veggies and pushed the plate aside. And my usual practice of filling another plate with leftovers later that night? Forget it. After not quite a year of this, I'm just not that good at overeating anymore.

I had the same problem. I was soooo disappointed in myself.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I fractured my ankle and I have no more jiggle in my bum
  • GGS54
    GGS54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Since losing more than my original goal of 15 pounds, I have had to spend a fortune at the alterations place having all of my skirts and pants taken in -- which is MUCH cheaper than buying all new clothes or having a closet filled with things that are way too tight!

:laugh:
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I had the same problem. I was soooo disappointed in myself.

this!!!!!! and im freezing to death all the time!!!! my mother in law bought me some pants the other day thank goodness 3x to large and medium baby!!!! :bigsmile:
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1. I don't feel like wearing all my old, baggy comfy clothes, even at home. They just look so bad!
    2. I've realized that people don't take enough pictures. I want more pictures of myself damnit!
    3. Feeling cold
    4. Difficulty getting comfortable at night because I have less flesh on 'em bones
    5. I can't eat anywhere near as much food as I used to be able to (as evidenced by my dismal attempt to eat loads at Thanksgiving lol)
    6. Have had to replace a bunch of clothes
    7. Had to get rid of clothes that I absolutely loved (for sentimental reasons) because they looked so baggy
    8. I've noticed how pissy my mood becomes when I don't work out. I can be a mega *****! lol
  • OAEE
    OAEE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    takes longer to get ready in the morning. I now have to do 20 min. exercises plus recently added running, up to 10 whole minutes!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    They took my membership card to the clean plate club away.
  • kfelton1226
    kfelton1226 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My underwear don't fit anymore
    This ^
    Who knew it was even possible???

Plus, my tailbone hurts when I sit too long, and my rings are spinning all the time.... :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!