Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options
chezjuan
chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
:wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

That's why I kept for years all my clothes from when I was 40-60 lbs lighter! It is such a joy to go shopping in my closet. :laugh:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So funny. I hope bad things happen to me as a result of losing weight! :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

That's why I kept for years all my clothes from when I was 40-60 lbs lighter! It is such a joy to go shopping in my closet. :laugh:

I've kept my clothes from 100 lbs lighter before I gained all this weight.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Sadly I aged 20 years while waiting to fit into my skinny clothes again! Now I'm too old for what I used to wear night clubbing at 35 years old. Who wants outdated clothes anyway? I now get to shop the latest styles in smaller sizes than I ever wore as an adult - or even high school! = D
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1. Excessive donations to food pantry of perfectly good foods I just don't eat anymore but bought in mass quantities.
    2. Overexposure to sunlight as I get out more doing yardwork, riding bike, playing with dog etc.
    3. Can't stand around at work reading the bulletin board waiting for the elevator cuz I'm taking the stairs.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can't date guys who are into BBWs...
    And I get mistaken for my (petite) sister a lot more often.
    I get cat called and hit on more often.

:( Life is tough.
  • FITFAB402015
    Options
    If this is bad.....BRING IT ON!! Especially getting off the BP meds! Good job and keep up the good work!
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    haha this is great...love it! congrats on the awesome loss! :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Lol cute.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

Also, this isn't a bad thing but surprising...when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    For everyone of those bad things there is something good in response.
    My worry is what am I going to look like in the end. Will I like it or not and will I recognize myself.

I have to say the one thing that I noticed is I don't stay toasty in the winter like I used too.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

1. I lost my pants at work because I was too cheap to shop for more clothes.
    2. I decided to buy dresses thinking I'd get more use out of them than pants, and now I look like a girly girl (HURL)
    3. I've gotten tired of explaining "how I'm losing the weight".
    4. I'm getting groped by coworkers grabbing my ribs, waist, and hips while exclaiming, "You are shrinking!!!"
    5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl
    7. My food is rotting and I keep throwing it out, because I can't eat it fast enough
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    While I still have a long ways to go, I was shopping for a smaller size today and kept running into sizes bigger I used to have to search for. In my head (or to my 1 year old nephew), I kept saying, "That's too big...that's too big" lol!!! Love it!!!....I mean....what a problem! lol
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

1. I lost my pants at work because I was too cheap to shop for more clothes.
    2. I decided to buy dresses thinking I'd get more use out of them than pants, and now I look like a girly girl (HURL)
    3. I've gotten tired of explaining "how I'm losing the weight".
    4. I'm getting groped by coworkers grabbing my ribs, waist, and hips while exclaiming, "You are shrinking!!!"
    5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl
    7. My food is rotting and I keep throwing it out, because I can't eat it fast enough

:laugh: Number 5 and 6! :laugh:
    My huuuuge fear is number 2! Although probably my mum's greatest wish! :indifferent:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I got carded to buy a lottery ticket ( not joking)
    I got mistaken for my 16 yr old's sister and it embarrassed her
    My husband was accused of robbing the cradle by a coworker (he's 3 yrs younger than me)
    My 16 yr old daughter steals all my clothes
    Was excited to finally wear my favorite suit again only to find it was too big.
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anybody know where to rest your hands during boring meetings? 2 inches of jolly jelly belly gone...can't put them there anymore...

Anybody?
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Anybody know where to rest your hands during boring meetings? 2 inches of jolly jelly belly gone...can't put them there anymore...

Anybody?

*raises hand* Oohh! Oooooooh! I know the answer to this one! I now place them on the arm rests OR cross my legs and rest them on my knee for that laid back, "Yeah, I'm thin enough to be comfortable like this" look.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of these.

I hate how much my self esteem has improved
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    YES! The hands on knees, leg crossing looking cool thing! Thats it! Now I will make it through the boredom with a serene I'm not bloated smile on my face!

Or at least just comfortably crossing the legs and staying awake...another thing that has now become a new possibility is leg crossing...Lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!