Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The bad things happening to me:
    1. The ring my hubby bought me a few months ago is now too big
    2. I thought I was getting stomach muscles (I've only lost 17 lbs), but realized they're actually my ribs. Haven't seen them in a while.
    3. The ice cream business, who depended on me, is hurting
    4. Same with fast food, especially McD's
    5. I find it hard to sit still
    6. I get really grumpy if I don't get to work out enough during the week
    7. I'm going through bottles of water like it's my sole reason for living. If they were alcohol bottles, I'd have been in a coma
    8. I'm constantly adding up other people's calories in my head - no matter where I am
    9. I want to stop every severly overweight girl (meaning young woman) I see and ask them if they want help losing
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Great stuff, er, I mean bad stuff! lol awesome!
  • Init2winIt79
    Init2winIt79 Posts: 582
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

This post is awesome! At first I thought this would actually be a negative list....I'm relieved, it's NOT! Good Work and now you can ....do more!!: )
  • Init2winIt79
    Init2winIt79 Posts: 582
    Options
    I def. get colder!
    I can run for longer and harder!Stamina improvement!

I no longer crave to binge out on chips or cookies!

I wake up energized!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Always colder..

Didn't realize what I had lost till I lost my "tight" pinky ring

Who needs books when there are labels to read? Food shopping takes twice as long now!
  • shirleydegrave
    shirleydegrave Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    way to go! love your humor, that's what attracted me to read this!!! I've been trying..but frustrated a bit and WAS losing determination until I read this!!! Congrats! and thanx for posting:flowerforyou:
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What have I lost since I lost almost 27 pounds:

1. Work pants. I am hurting for pants to wear to work. They all fall off after one day of work.
    2. The ability to pass up a bbq in order to go work out.
    3. Having to do the harder lifting jobs at work. Because I can.
    4. Going to Goodwill and finding clothes that I like and fit. (All my summer clothes have come from there)
    5. Slowly motivating others to start losing weight.
    6. Feeling sexier
    7. Wanting to take pictures now. So I can see the progress. Before I was hiding.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1. I'm always freezing cold..I can't stay warm no matter what I do!
    2. I get really irritable if I don't get to exercise.
    3. I participate in dangerous activities cuz I can.
    4. I do double the laundry thanks to workout clothes.
    5. I get hit on...what is this? I don't know how to handle that at all.
    6. I can't drink more than one beer without getting drunk...It's become quite embaressing in public.
    7. I spend a lot more money on clothes..little clothes are fun :)
    8. My kids want me to play on the playground with them...I get dirty looks from the moms sitting by watching as I go down the slide.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    1.)So this is why my husband keeps touching my butt........
    2.) definately get colder
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    1. I no longer have a stomach shelf to use to rest things on--like boxes of cool things while I'm digging through them at estate sales.
    2. Due to not having as much padding on my rear, it hurts to sit on hard benches.
    3. and the worst--(tongue very firmly planted in cheek) I have to buy all new shoes, because I've dropped a shoe size. Darn! lol
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    1. Sitting for a long time hurts my tush. Too little padding.
    2. No excuse to get out of the big Memorial Day barbecue that's always so boring. I look good enough in my clothes now to go out socially.
    3. My arms hurt from holding a forearm plank for so long in yoga, which I can do now because holding my body up straight is so much easier when there's less body to hold up.
    4. I live in a dry area and the amount of water I now drink for my good health is depleting the aquifer.
    5. The loss of fat and excess water in my arms led to my carpal tunnel problem healing without surgery. Can't continue with my reduced workload any longer!
    6. The ocean's fisheries are in danger of collapse. I am responsible.
    7. The deli with the incredible bakery with amazing rye and phenomenal German chocolate cake that I used to chow down on is now in financial distress.
    8. The quickened breathing from execise emits more carbon in a rapidly warming world.
    9. Why is it so freezing so much of the time?
    10. I now can--and do--wear my son's old cross-country sweatshirt from high school, leading my teenage daughter to tell me I now look like a suburban mom. She is in such trouble.
  • Camerann306
    Camerann306 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2. I thought I was getting stomach muscles (I've only lost 17 lbs), but realized they're actually my ribs. Haven't seen them in a while.
    7. I'm going through bottles of water like it's my sole reason for living. If they were alcohol bottles, I'd have been in a coma
    8. I'm constantly adding up other people's calories in my head - no matter where I am
    9. I want to stop every severely overweight girl (meaning young woman) I see and ask them if they want help losing

Most of these are true for me too. Several people have been asking me what I'm doing and to give them tips and recipes. I wish an older female would have taken me under her wing and helped me to be more active at a younger age and to learn to deal with my emotions and not eat them. My wedding ring is starting to get a little loose and I'm saddened by it, but not enough to stop. Also, I feel more confident in front of my husband ;) and my boobs are smaller ( I figure I can buy some if it gets that bad). I never thought I could be thrown into an almost rage for someone making me miss a workout but I did. It used to be rage over food. It's funny how things change when you put yourself and your health first.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have turned down an after work drink with coworkers so I could do my long run, thus demoralizing our team morale, hurting my own career and negatively impacting our economy.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    9. I want to stop every severely overweight girl (meaning young woman) I see and ask them if they want help losing

Most of these are true for me too. Several people have been asking me what I'm doing and to give them tips and recipes. I wish an older female would have taken me under her wing and helped me to be more active at a younger age and to learn to deal with my emotions and not eat them. My wedding ring is starting to get a little loose and I'm saddened by it, but not enough to stop. Also, I feel more confident in front of my husband ;) and my boobs are smaller ( I figure I can buy some if it gets that bad). I never thought I could be thrown into an almost rage for someone making me miss a workout but I did. It used to be rage over food. It's funny how things change when you put yourself and your health first.
    This too, I couldn't believe it the first time I got pissed that I missed a workout lol, my husband looked at me a little weird too:laugh:
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    1. Clothes falling!
    2. Several times I've caught my neighbours' little 13-14 years old boy and his perverted little friend spying on me while I was wearing my sleep shorts/workout attire while I was drinking my coffee on the terrace. Every time I catch him on the streets his friend gives me suggestive looks. This creeps me out so much!
    3. I'm so introverted and when people notice that I've lost weight and compliment me I do nothing bit blush....
    4.Men check me out much more now, this too creeps me out (and flatters me a little )
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My minimizer bra is no longer minimizing anything. My chest is too small now. Guess I need a new bra. :sad:

Ohh and when I went swimming, my boobs literally fell out of my suit. Luckily I was still under water and no one saw.

:heart: this tread.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1. I can feel bones... I'm sure I didn't have any before!
    2. I had to donate a whole pile of "fat" clothes to a charity shop.
    3. My "new" jeans are falling down.
    4. I put a belt on yesterday and it wrapped so far around that I ended up tucking the end into the belt loop at the back of my spine
    5. The service station misses me because I don't put so much petrol in my car
    6. My running pants are too big.
    7. The junk food aisle in the supermarket doesn't get to see me very often any more
    8. My home is littered with exercise equipment. Even as I write this I can see 4 pairs of trainers, a sports bra, a knee brace, 3 water bottles, a heart rate monitor and my fitbit
    9. I spend a lot more money on public transport
    10. I've become the weight loss guru and inspiration for everyone I know. They all think I have some magic secret
    11. I added a new photo to facebook. There were 60 comments on it.
    12. I added a new profile photo to facebook and it got 20 "likes" within minutes... embarrassing!
    13. My feet have shrunk... I even need new shoes!
    14. I had to re-size the band on my watch
    15. My gold chain that used to be like a choker chain is now really long
    16. People dont stand up for me on public transport anymore. Apparently I no longer look pregnant. Not that I was before :)
    17. I keep taking my business suits to the tailor. I'm supporting him and his entire extended family.
    18. I look at fat people and think "you dont have to look like that!" I then wonder how many people used to look at me and think the same thing.
    19. I miss out on going to dinners with my friends because I look at the menus online and think "I'm not putting that junk in my body"
    20. I now have no excuse for not walking up and down stairs. My knees actually work and my feet arent sore.
    21. I think a fun day out is going to a running shop to check out what they have. I used to go to gadget and electronics shops.

..... think I better stop myself here because I could probably add to this for hours!! :)

Thanks to the OP for starting it!
  • weaselle16
    weaselle16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is outstanding :drinker:
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A few month ago, a 10 minute slow jog would give me a strenuous workout. Now I need to run for 30 minutes straight AND do a weights session to achieve the same level of vigour. It's seriously cutting into my sitting on the couch time.
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    lol, I love this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!