Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1. Can't sit on hard chairs for long, need padding.
    2. Frito Lay is stalking me and have wrote me several letters asking where I am and if I'm ok
    3. I no longer hear applause when I run :( (my thighs stopped clapping for me)
    4. The money I spend on Frito Lay has been rerouted to GNC
    5. A homeless guy offered to buy me a hot meal
    6. The family dog now has muscles
    7. I get confused to be my sons older sister
    8. I am a calorie savant - I unconciously watch people at the food court and know how many calories they are eating without even looking it up
    9. The heavy handed mayo/double meat guy at Subway hates me...I'm always turning him down
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just flew back from a business trip so here is mine and I am so happy.

4. Had to buy new sneakers since I've worn out the old ones in the past four months.

For bad things, I am really in a good mood.

YES!! I've had to buy 3 pairs of running shoes in the past 4 months, when previously they would last several years.
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time sorting laundry, my clothes are almost the same size as my kids.
    My 11 yr old steals all my shirts.
    My husband can't keep his hands off my butt.
    So many people have been motivated, by my weight loss, that I had to start a fit club.
    AND I love my arms so much that I flex anytime I wear a tank top & spend way too much time checking myself out :D
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    1. Cut my achilles tendon shaving (edited to say I am very pear-shaped, and I carry a lot of weight in my legs. My tendon was covered by a lot of squishy love, and now it is the cause for buckets of blood gushing into the shower. Most likely, no one will be able to relate to this one haha they weren't cankles either. That's the weird part... just very large calves with very soft ankles)

:flowerforyou:

Fun post! Thank you

OMG! Me TOO!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    1. i had to add more holes in my new belts already
    2. the excess skin hanging around everywhere... it probably weights another 20 lbs... maybe i should cut it off. SOON
    3. weird never-before-seen bones sticking out
    4. salvation army is going to give me a frequent donor honorarium if I keep this up ROFL
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am wearing out my tyres driving back and forth to the op shop to donate clothes that are too big for me.

I saw a cardiologist a couple of times, but have no need to see her again. This is bad because she was the nicest doctor I've ever met.

If I don't get to go for at least a 20 minute run each day, I feel like I'm missing out on something I enjoy.
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I no longer look like a bad Dolly impersonator, it took forever to find the right size bras size.
    After nearly a yr I STILL forget I don't need large shirts anymore.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My comfortable jeans are now falling off my *ss.
    I've had to buy more sports bras since I work out almost every day now.
    I've had to purchase stronger deodorant since I work out so much more and sweat harder.
    I do 1-2 extra loads of laundry per week due to added workout clothes -- especially since my partner now works out with me
    I'm going to need new yoga pants soon since mine don't stay up all the time!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1) resorting to outdated clothes that fit until getting closer to goal weight and buying new clothes.

2) not handling it gracefully when a guy at a restaurant we used to frequent insisted I've lost weight and I tried to deny it in front of hubby and he tried to feign ignorance of the fact as well. luckily it's a sweet guy who just took it as modesty and stuck his hand up for a high five that I had to comply with.

tumblr_mitj56qoaU1s6qui1o1_500.gif

3) stressing out before every event to wonder if I can still get away with camouflaging my weight loss to avoid awkward conversation I do not want to take part in.

4) still unable to find new bras, not so much because they aren't being made as much as I just want the same one's i used to get to be made in my new but transient size.
  • Going4Yoked
    Going4Yoked Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hahaha! You'll laugh, but I was a TWIG in my legs. Since working out, MY BUTT CAN'T FIT IN ANY of my pants! NONE! And I wore designer jeans. Literally my thighs and my butt CAN NOT fit into my jeans anymore. I gave EVERY PAIR of jeans I owned to my little brother (3 years younger). He was so pumped haha. I, on the other hand, spent SO MUCH money kuz... I HAD NO PANTS. Like none! Only shorts! So I had to get literally almost an entire wardrobe (well... half haha)
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OP, #7 was a hoot! :laugh: :laugh:

For me, it's this really nice skirt I bought right after I had my last baby. It's a straight skirt that's long enough (I hate skirts sitting above my knees--call me modest, it's my middle name), and it fit perfectly back then. Now, I can gently tighten my abs (not exaggerated) and pull the skirt out an inch away from my tummy. It's one of those skirts that MUST sit at the waist--it won't work letting it slide down the hips a little. I'm going to miss it! Until I have another baby, at least...
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    1. Cold. Always cold. I have no idea fat was such a good insulator!
    2. I hate shopping, so I haven't bothered to buy new clothes. However, its beginning to look really bad - the other day a colleague at work told me I looked as if I had stolen my big brother's clothes!
    3. Gets a bit boring explaining to people that I'm actually not dying (but thanks for asking??). To be fair to them, though, I think the process has been tiring for me; so I can see where that question comes from.
    4. My beer drinking capacity has collapsed - I have become a "lightweight" in more than one sense!
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hang out at a better class of website and read interesting stuff about fitness with my spare time. Examples:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?ns=1

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This is better than the Real Housewives or the other dramadies using up life space.

Although, the shear brain numbing of reality tv is a bit like a sedative so that effect is gone...Lol!
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Here are a couple of "bad things":

1. Cannot sit in our kitchen's wooden chairs for very long anymore. Not enough padding in the lower area anymore.
    2. Needed to buy and learn how to use a food scale. The $4.99 was not that tough but having to use all of my advanced education to learn how to read the amount was hard. :)
    3. I, too, am colder more often. I guess 80 lbs of fat had some benefits.

Oh I so agree with No's 1 and 3. The other bad thing, when I curl up in bed I can't have one knee on the other, they are too boney and it hurts. :-)
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like your list! Oh... the bad things we suffer ;o)
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    1. I'm more cold all the time
    2. I'm shy and the compliments are embarassing
    3. New clothes are expensive
    4. My boobs are getting smaller ..
    5. I can't sit for as long before my butt starts to hurt
    6. I spend more time being active than playing video games/computer these days.

My good stuff list will always be longer though. :)
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: this! People not recognizing me and a higher libido are to of the "bad" things from weight loss lol
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: this! People not recognizing me and a higher libido are to of the "bad" things from weight loss lol

I thought I was the only one to experience the higher libido. I thought I was just weird. haha
  • lizcr13
    lizcr13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

2. Frito Lay is stalking me and have wrote me several letters asking where I am and if I'm ok

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Definitely #1, 2, and 9 for me! But overall, I'm super happy with my progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!