Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    1) No longer have to worry about sitting at a both at a restaurant.
    2) Not afraid to sit in those plastic or folding lawn chairs.
    3) Don't have to pay that $2 extra charge on bigger clothes.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    No longer worried about the size of airline coach seats. No long have to ask for seat belt extensions either.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Here are a couple of "bad things":

1. Cannot sit in our kitchen's wooden chairs for very long anymore. Not enough padding in the lower area anymore.
    2. Needed to buy and learn how to use a food scale. The $4.99 was not that tough but having to use all of my advanced education to learn how to read the amount was hard. :)
    3. I, too, am colder more often. I guess 80 lbs of fat had some benefits.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    1. Giving away a ton of perfectly good food because it is too high in sodium for me.

2. Having to take two buses to grocery shop for good, cheap food I can eat. (Because getting out more and getting some sunshine (okay, Seattle sunshine probably doesn't qualify) is so bad for me. ;p)

3. I started a low sodium cooking blog. (Yay, another online time waster. Because I needed more.)

4. I spend all my time in my ginormous west and south facing windows kitchen preparing raw food for cooking.

5. My boobs have shrunk enough I do not fall out of my V-neck tops anymore.

6. I am running out of skinny pants that fit me! (I did not expect this so soon!)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This thread is great. Let's see...

1. I spend more money on food actually.
    2. I have to wake up earlier (giving me usually 2-3 hours of sleep) in order to eat a better breakfast.
    3. I've had to invest in belts for many of my shorts.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    My favourite jeans are too big for me!
  • liliawodna
    liliawodna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate:

1. That my now husband can't walk past me without patting my booty ;)
    2. That I get cat called in public!
    3. That the fast food drive thrus no longer remember my orders!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My Hubs complains he is hot because I keep the AC turned up ( too cold, too easy!)
    The cats are tired of snuggling for warmth!
    My suitcase is heavier since I take work out clothes and shoes when I travel
    The fight attendant does not hand me two bags of nuts automatically anymore :(
    I spend lots of time picking new and bizarre produce and recipes to try!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl

ROFLMAO!!!! That was great. :drinker:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I love this threa. So let's see...

1. Like the OP, I need to get my wedding ring sized (for the second time!) and I hate paying someone to take my gold!
    2. My hubby won't stop touching me ;)
    3. I bought a bunch of dresses along the way because they last for more sizes before they look stupid...now I need new ones because they are all way too big
    4. I have lost my will to sit in my recliner all day and watch tv and eat (I am missing so many tv shows!)
    5. I forgot that I am a useless loser and believed enough in myself to apply to law school (and get accepted!)

he he he :flowerforyou:
  • jeanineolson
    jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome.. Congratulations
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1. None of my clothes fit me anymore so I had to go check out the new thrift store that opened last week (and got a 30% off coupon for donating clothes :smile: ).
    2. My teenage girls now call me an "exercise dork".
    3. Certain male co-workers have said "You're looking good, girl!" in a way that made me blush.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    LOVE these lists!

My worst has been the wardrobe. Nothing fits and my budget doesn't allow for new work and casual clothes.
  • jmleffler
    jmleffler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

1. I lost my pants at work because I was too cheap to shop for more clothes.
    2. I decided to buy dresses thinking I'd get more use out of them than pants, and now I look like a girly girl (HURL)
    3. I've gotten tired of explaining "how I'm losing the weight".
    4. I'm getting groped by coworkers grabbing my ribs, waist, and hips while exclaiming, "You are shrinking!!!"
    5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl
    7. My food is rotting and I keep throwing it out, because I can't eat it fast enough

I wouldn't be too upset either if #5 and 6 happened here, lol.....
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I went out for lunch with my husband today and he said, "your clothes don't fit properly". I often feel frumpy in my baggy clothes. I guess there is a simple remedy for that though.:smile:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    1. Cut my achilles tendon shaving (edited to say I am very pear-shaped, and I carry a lot of weight in my legs. My tendon was covered by a lot of squishy love, and now it is the cause for buckets of blood gushing into the shower. Most likely, no one will be able to relate to this one haha they weren't cankles either. That's the weird part... just very large calves with very soft ankles)
    2. Nothing fits. I look like I am wearing a sinched up paper bag when I tighten pants with a belt
    3. My shoes are too big (go figure).
    5. My grandma won't stop asking me how I did it... what magic pill... I tell her MFP, eating well, and exercising, and she gets mad like I am keeping a gem-of-weight-wisdom from her

:flowerforyou:

Fun post! Thank you
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! :)
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    LOL! bump :D
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just flew back from a business trip so here is mine and I am so happy.

1. Didn't scare people on the plane when they saw me coming down the aisle. They used to be afraid I would sit next to them and take up all the same.
    2. I'm putting some poor cabby out of business since I walked from the hotel to the conference center, dinner, etc.
    3. Did get to meet new people in the elevator at Reagan National Metro stop due to the escalator being broken, just walked up the broken escalator.
    4. Had to buy new sneakers since I've worn out the old ones in the past four months.

For bad things, I am really in a good mood.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I lay on my side with my legs on top of each other, my knees start to hurt because there is much less fat padding the bones.. Weird, I know..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!