Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.

Funniest thing I have heard all day!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
  • alysnyder
    alysnyder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love this!

5. A female coworker spanked me on the *kitten* and said, "Damn, your *kitten* is looking smaller."
    6. I liked getting spanked by a girl

ROFLMAO!!!! That was great. :drinker:

Love this!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a lot more attention from men and while that is a positive, most men my age are only looking for one thing. I think catcalls are compliments but I always have to think of a guy's motives when they're talking to me.
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. My local Goodwill shop cheers when I walk in the door. They know I'm about to spend some money. '
    2. I had to replace almost all of my undies. Nordstrom Rack became my new BFF in the undies department.
    3. I have an entire workout wardrobe so i can just wash them all on sunday instead of watching the stink lines on my backpack grow with every passing day.
    4. I wore a pencil skirt with heels to work after losing 20 pounds. Every guy in the office asked my hubby if I have been losing weight. Every woman in the office (except a couple-the ones who exercise and eat right) gave me death stares. I have to admit, I enjoyed it a little. :)
    5. I had to give away my bikini from a few years ago. The tie side bottoms wouldn't tie tight enough to stay on and the top was too big around the ribs.
    6. My compost bucket gets filled way faster. Not because I'm wasting the fruits and veggies, but because I'm eating way more of them. We even had a few volunteer squash plants pop up this year. :) now if i can just get a couple of volunteer apple and pear trees.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

2. Frito Lay is stalking me and have wrote me several letters asking where I am and if I'm ok

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is inspired!
    My bad thing that happened today - I walked into the door (clutz) and hit a rather large lumpy thing and it really hurt! Upon close inspection, the lump appears to be my hip bone! Haven't seen it for so long it took a while to figure this out! :laugh:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

Also, this isn't a bad thing but surprising...when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.

this!!!!!!
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a good laugh. I hope bad things keep coming your way! Great job!
  • alysnyder
    alysnyder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. I don't get my money's worth at a buffet.
    2. I had to set up a standing desk because I'm too antsy sitting still all day.
    3. My list of books to read someday is shrinking, as I plow through them via free library audio books while walking around the neighborhood
    4. I've run out of road. I now need to take a much longer route to "run until I can't run anymore" and have to double-back to make it a decent workout.
    5. I had to buy a cute light sweater to wear most days.
    6. My Netflix queue is growing longer.
    7. I have to water a garden daily because I wake up early, have the energy to take care of it, and I use up all those fresh herbs, greens, and tomatoes with all the cooking I'm doing these days.
    8. The clerk at the farm stand knows my name and my standard purchase; the clerk at the coffee shop does not.
    9. My fiance asks me to slow down when we go for a walk (he is 9 inches taller than me).
    10. My cats are mad that I get up to refill my water and move around regularly. They have stopped sleeping on my lap and nap on the cat stand now.
    11. It is taking much longer to become a wine snob, because it takes forever to finish each bottle.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I waste too much time checking myself out in the mirror. My wife and her sisters constantly do this and I no longer can make fun of them for it.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    1. New clothes, including bras (not cheap)
    2. COLD all the time - WTheck
    3. I'm also an introvert and I become a "deer in the headlights" when people notice & complement me
    4. The left side of my body (weaker more deformed side) is finally getting stronger
    5. I now help the hubs instead of him helping me (i open jars, lift heavy things, etc) = more work
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This made me smile.

1) I almost broke my dog because he got tired of running before me.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    1. New wrinkles where the fat has disappeared! Yeah! and I now spend a lot of $$ for fancy face cream
    2. I have to wear my seatbelt now - it doesn't ride up over my boobs and choke me
    3. My motorcycle got shorter and my handlebars are closer
    4. I'm comfortable in the middle seat on a plane
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I need to buy new bras. And my size keeps getting more and more annoying. I am headed into bra size purgatory.

I still have a ways to go, I am basically where I have been/was at from ages 22-28. So clothing is all mostly the same. I did need to ditch the stuff that was too big.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    So funny. I hope bad things happen to me as a result of losing weight! :)

So This!!!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    :bigsmile: :heart: this! :drinker: to more bad things like this happening to all of us!
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    #1-My jeans are too big and look slouchy now, gotta come off with the money to get more.
    #7- I'm hurting the economy too because I no longer eat at fast food places on a daily basis.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got carded to buy a lottery ticket ( not joking)
    I got mistaken for my 16 yr old's sister and it embarrassed her
    My husband was accused of robbing the cradle by a coworker (he's 3 yrs younger than me)
    My 16 yr old daughter steals all my clothes
    Was excited to finally wear my favorite suit again only to find it was too big.

You definitely don't look old enough to have a 16 year old. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you were in high school or college.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I can't stop shopping because it's fun that all my clothes are coming from the "regular" sizes and not the "plus" sizes. Unless it's something I really want, and then I buy it and take it in.

I actually want to go out and walk my dog for 3 miles.

I sleep better.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    this is great!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Rosytakesoff Posts: 321
    Options
    1. Walking into a job interview is still nerve wracking, but at least the interviewer doesn't have the "Holy ****, that lady is HUGE!" look
    2. I'm shrinking out of my bras (trust me, this is good)
    3. I have sharp elbows.
    4. I am cold when the temperature is below 70. I wear wool lined slippers around the house all year 'round.
    5. DH's t shirts are far too big.
    6. I had to get new glasses because my old ones were too big and fell off when I bent over. Sheesh, even my head was fat, apparently.
    7. I'm a cheap date since I eat much less.
    8. My dog gets tired on walks long before I do.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!