Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    When I lay on my side with my legs on top of each other, my knees start to hurt because there is much less fat padding the bones.. Weird, I know..

I hate that too.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow. Looks like I started something... :smile:

It also looks like I have a lot more to "fear" such as being cold without my insulation, being a little more comfortable on airplanes, and saving some gas by not hauling around 60 extra lbs.

I also wonder if I'll have to do more work when I swim due to the loss of my built-in flotation device.

Thanks for all the great responses! This is very inspiring!
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    bump
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    All I can say is congratulations!!! As for me people are starting to refer to me as skinny and I am not nor want to be skinny!!
  • Pother1974
    Pother1974 Posts: 5
    Options
    1. No more threat of BP pills.
    2. No more Cholesterol Pills!!!!
    3. Had to buy new jeans....

And that is only 12 lbs off of my 69 lb journey.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My PCS is acting up like crazy!
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. These are great!
    Congratulations to all you losers! May only the best BAD things continue to come your way! :drinker:
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    New wardrobe, I just bought new pants for the second time, and it looks like in a few months, it will be time to go get more pants for the third time.

No compliments really, except from mother, one of my neighbors, and grandma. The other neighbors act like they don't know what to say to me, or they think if they say something, my ego will just explode.

I still have a whole box of brownies, that have lasted me for 4 months now, instead of 2 weeks because I have to eat less of them.

My meals I cook for the week last longer, because I eat less.

McDonald's, Sonic, and Pizza Street are no longer getting my business, and this hurts the economy.

Happy hour and I are no longer married.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic post!
    Ah yes the bones, that's a problem they stick out everywhere and that 4" memory foam for the bed was pricey.
    Then it's the constant bra replacement, I swear I need smaller ones with every 5lbs so I'm definitely not wearing them out.

All of these negatives bring one more, I can't stop smiling!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I've bought new jeans a few times & only got to wear them a few times before they got too big
    It sometimes gets old having to tell a lot of people how I am losing weight

I'd rather have that, then nobody saying nothing about my weight loss, except my mother, friend, and grandma. Then I want to ask those that do not say anything, if they notice something different about me, but I just opt to not do it. Heck, I went to the doctor today, and I had to bring it to her attention, and it is not like I have only lost 7 pounds, this is 50 pounds we are talking about! I know I am at least considered skinny now, because one day my neighbor said, "Hey Ang, you look nice AND SKINNY!" And, that made my day, if nothing else, but I still would rather get people asking me what I am doing, meaning they notice me, then have nobody saying nothing, and you just wonder what is going on.
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's why I kept for years all my clothes from when I was 40-60 lbs lighter! It is such a joy to go shopping in my closet. :laugh:

same i still have a couple things from 20+ years ago that i hung onto because i planned to fit in them some day size 7 denim skirt and size 8 jeans . i'm half way there
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

Also, this isn't a bad thing but surprising...when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.

I'm looking forward to having this problem in summer...but not so much in winter. Right now summers are tough. :-(
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1. People that meet my 23 YO daughter and I for the first time refer to us as sisters (without irony).
    2. I still leave too much room when I'm walking between two things. I can't get used to the fact that I'm not as wide as I used to be.
    3. I get bored just sitting around watching TV. There was a time where I could sit and watch the tube for 10 hours at a stretch with only the occasional break for potty and more food.
    4. People look at my *kitten* and then comment on it's shrinking. I'm still not comfortable with people looking at my *kitten*, but hey, I guess if they really want to ...
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I can fit into a booth in a restaurant now.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Congrats on your success!

You mentioned the new clothes thing...someone else mentioned that they saved clothes from when they were lighter. So did I, I shrunk out of them too! So I am surely stimulating the economy with my new clothes purchases!

But seriously "bad" things...hmmm....I am having a hard time finding sandals this year. They all seem too loose on my feet even though the length is right for my foot :/
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love your post! A nice list of "bad" things and very proud of you for getting where you are.
    I have better muscle tone now, and I've had friends pass by me twice and not recognize me
    until I spoke to them. I still look in the mirror and expect to see that 200 plus person
    and she's not there anymore. And even my newly altered clothes from last fall are now
    too big and will have to find a new home. A small list but very satisfying to me.
  • lyricalcandy1903
    Options
    No seriously ... get that ring resized! I lost mine a few months ago because I kept putting that off, and one day the ring was gone!
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1 - I've had to buy a ring resizer on the net so that my engagement ring doesn't fall off (I've got another 20kg to go so don't want to bite the bullet too soon)

2 - All of my nursing bras are getting too roomy, which means that they need to be replaced, but even the cheap ones are expensive!

3 - I have discovered that exercise can be fun!! Who knew?

4 - People are EXPECTING me to do this thing... and they remind me. Accountability partners.

5 - I no longer look like my chin is merely the slope into my neck

6 - My kids are getting used to seeing me either, working out, sweaty from working out, getting ready to work out.

7 - DP can't stop grabbing my butt and telling me that it's shrinking. If it was anyone else they'd end up with a black eye but I suppose it's alright for him.
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I MISS MY AFTERNOON NAP BECAUSE I'M NOT TIRED !!!
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think this is the greatest post I have read since joining.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!