New here and need motivation and friends.

Options
I have come to realize that I have given up. I have wasted a bunch of years putting everyone and everything in front of my health. Now I am 42 years old and I am setting a bad example to my daughters and not living up to the man my wife married. I am tired of feeling second rate. I am looking for friends that can keep me motivated and accountable.

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dude, "Loser_Dad"? Really? :noway: This is not a good sign! I'll be your friend.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great that you've decided to do something about it! .. and just the right age before lots of problems can get started!
    Hope you will keep on posting and keep on trying whatever happens. Don't allow a slight slip up or blip..as I call them .. to put you off getting to that new you!
  • JacksOliver
    JacksOliver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Motivation I can do! Add me. :)
  • ttiger33
    ttiger33 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. So lets kick this additional weight off our body! Be happy to provide encouragement..
  • fudgie93
    Options
    How can you be a loser dad when your trying to change. To me thats a pretty cool dad
  • michellemanias
    Options
    Just started over myself...add me and we can motivate each other
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey now! You're way too hard on yourself.

I've been here just over a year. You can add me if you want.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    It's never to late for us to change things and you have made a great choice by saying you want to do something about it! Looking forward to helping you work through this, it's a long journey but one that is so worth it!
  • markgriffiths507
    markgriffiths507 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 50 si it's never too late, but do it for yourself !!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi there I turned my life around from fat, depressed overwhelmed mum of 3 kids who have special needs to fit, in shape, happy confident mum who at 42 has never felt happier. I suddenly decided that my kids are always going to be autistic/ADHD, that this is my life and I may as well enjoy it. Also my kids deserve the best version of me. Life is still hard, my kids have issues, I work long hours and don't get enough sleep but cope much better because I work out and eat well. You can do whatever you put your mind to. Add me if you want I have a crazy life but am supportive of my friends. you are doing great you made the decision to change and that's the first step. Good luck with your goals.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • Sending request too :)
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    We can all do this together... add me as well!
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have come to realize that I have given up. I have wasted a bunch of years putting everyone and everything in front of my health. Now I am 42 years old and I am setting a bad example to my daughters and not living up to the man my wife married. I am tired of feeling second rate. I am looking for friends that can keep me motivated and accountable.

Request sent!! I am pretty new here myself, and am active on MFP! Already working. :O) Anyone can add me!
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling. I let myself go for so long. I can blame an unhealthy relationship for that but honestly it was really all me. Time to change that around.

Feel free to add me. We got this. We will make it happen.