Epitaph..what is it going to say about you?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Something meaningful.

While I plan on being cremated, with my ashes spread over the Cascade Mountains, if there was one statement I would wish to be remembered by, that summed up my life in the way others thought of me, it would be "He was Jesus to the least of these".

Given my life history, however, I probably won't make that mark, so if I can manage to positively impact even ONE soul while I'm here on this rock, I'll be okay with that. Oh, that, and hearing my Lord say "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Cascade mountains sounds a lovely place...where in the world is that?

Out in the Pacific Northwet ... Washington State

Just had a look on google, Cascade mountains looks really scenic
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    "he died the way he lived, In a naked girl avalanche"

hahaha. that would never get old.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Can anyone hear scratching....?

You have the name to go with the scratching :smokin:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    For all the ill you could say of him, he was a damn good husband!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    “Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    If you can read this, you are standing on my boobs.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    "But I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better! I feel fine! I feel happy!"
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I just want it to be something that provides peace for my loved ones. I feel that funerals and such are not really for the dead but for the living to get the closure that they need.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "I'll catch you on the flip side!"
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    What does this button do?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'll be back!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    "I'll catch you on the flip side!"

The Boondock Saints?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    As I tell my family - I have no intention of dying. If death comes near me I'll rip his nipples off.

But if I must go, I'll go with the Spike Milligan classic -

"I told you I was ill."
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I don't care what they say (I am what I am), but I want this song played.

There are places I remember/ All my life though some have changed/ Some forever, not for better/ Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments/ With lovers and friends I still can recall/ Some are dead and some are living/ In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers/ There is no one compares with you/ And these memories lose their meaning/ When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection/ For people and things that went before/ I know I'll often stop and think about them/ In my life I love you more

Though I remember I’ll never lose affection/ For people and things that went before/ I know I’ll often stop and think about them/ In my life I’ll love you more/ In my life I’ll love you more
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

There are places I remember/ All my life though some have changed/ Some forever, not for better/ Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments/ With lovers and friends I still can recall/ Some are dead and some are living/ In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers/ There is no one compares with you/ And these memories lose their meaning/ When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection/ For people and things that went before/ I know I'll often stop and think about them/ In my life I love you more

Though I remember I’ll never lose affection/ For people and things that went before/ I know I’ll often stop and think about them/ In my life I’ll love you more/ In my life I’ll love you more

That is lovely and on my death songlist as well.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

death songlist? for your funeral??

is that song by Deathcab For Cutie on it? that's the only song i can think of that's about death.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

is that song by Deathcab For Cutie on it? that's the only song i can think of that's about death.

What? You don't have a songlist? You probably haven't written a message from beyond for all your people either have you? My message, when I finally get around to writing it, is going to end with the phrase, "So it goes."T

ETA: Thinking of adding Elton John's "The Bi otch is Back" to the list as well, just to make sure my kids know I'm still watching.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

BLASPHEMY! :angry:

It's The Beatles
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Another one bites the dust...
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an epitaph, either, but I'd like Sixx A.M.'s "Life is Beautiful" played. Because everyone had better be standing around telling all my stupid, embarrassing stories and laughing!

You can't quit until you try
    You can't live until you die
    You can't learn to tell the truth
    Until you learn to lie

You can't breathe until you choke
    You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Just open your eyes
    Just open your eyes
    And see that life is beautiful.
    Will you swear on your life,
    That no one will cry at my funeral?