Week 5 of T25-No weight loss.

Options
I am on my last day of T25 and I missed one day for my brother's birthday and that was it and I doubled up on that. Normally when I do straight cardio for example from Nowloss.com I lose 4lbs in a week. I gained 5 lbs initially from the 1sT 2 weeks on T25 then I lost that and that's all I have lost. I dont follow the meal plan because I don't eat red meat. I is recommended that I eat 1600 calories on the program. I have never lost weight eating this much. I wonder if that's the problem and if I should just go back to 1200-1300 calories. Is it that I don't drink enough water? My goal is a gallon but I usually only make it to about half. 3 days ago I started back with my nowloss HITT workout out. All it is is running for 30 seconds, rest for 20, run for 20 rest for 10, run for 10 rest for 5, you do this for 20 mins. I think that my butt looks better since doing the T25 but that's about it. It's like I put in all this work for 5 weeks which is the longest I have every stuck w/ a program and no weight loss. This happens with me and beach body programs which is why I quit in the 3rd week normally. I am still going to finish the program because I am half way thru if I just stop at Beta (10 week program) and 1/3 done if I do Gamma (15 weeks). I just need to know what you think I might need to do to lose some weight and some inches because I haven't lost any of that either. Unless its in my legs or arms because I havent measured them. As anyone else doing this program and not seeing results? Thank you!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Not eating exercise calories right, using a scale to measure all your food intake? Not eating fast food or going out to eat every day and just using estimates from the site for calories? Diary isn't open so I am just guessing.. Your pushing yourself as hard as possible in the workout? No cheat days? Are you getting your protein from another source since you don't eat red meat and is it the recommended amount for the program? (150g protein?)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If your body was already used to working out, doing lots of cardio, T25 mainly added strength training for you. Yes, it does have some cardio but its more about strength than cardio. I am doing T25, but I know that in order to get my desired calorie burn I have to do more, so I also walk 5 miles a day or do some other moderate exercise.

T25 is a good workout program, but it doesn't change the dynamic of calories in-calories out. Also, the diet plan has two options, one is 1200 and one is 1600, the decision of which to use is based on how active you are outside of T25.

If you reduced your cardio, increased your strength training, and kept your calories about the same, you'd probably gain muscle, which would mean no weight loss. If you want to continue losing, you have to create a calorie deficit.
  • lots of people recommend doing body measurements. That way you can see the change even if you are not losing lbs!
    I'm stuck too, my weight is not moving, but my scale says my % of body fat is decreasing.

Keep at it, you will be more fit when you complete your program. What the scale tells you is not the whole story!
  • vidiovalle
    Options
    I'm just started week 4 of T25 Alpha phase and I'm not loosing weight either but I have noticed that I'm looking leaner and tightening up. I'm a bit discouraged but then I have to keep reminding myself the scale is just numbers its what changes I see that matters. Keep going don't give up on it try not to judge a workout by the number on the scale look at your progress in the way you look and feel after all the hard work.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi healthy momma, Adrian the NowLoss guy here.

What is your current weight and height if you don't mind sharing or you can email or message me on facebook if you wish.

Have you tried my MORE intense jumping jack or ski step workouts?
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    Not eating exercise calories right, using a scale to measure all your food intake? Not eating fast food or going out to eat every day and just using estimates from the site for calories? Diary isn't open so I am just guessing.. Your pushing yourself as hard as possible in the workout? No cheat days? Are you getting your protein from another source since you don't eat red meat and is it the recommended amount for the program? (150g protein?)

- I dont use a scale...I go by the serving size on the back of the package. I havent eaten fast food in 5-6 months. I have wondered if I dont push myself as hard as I could but when I do T25 some movements are on your toes and one is also calf raises....doing one of these I have hurt the arch in my left foot it is sore. So on some movements I modify because I dont want to make it worse. I have cheat meal once/ twice a week not a whole day.

All my meals are preplanned.....so a typical day for me is

Breakfast: oatmeal or Kashi cereal with almond unsweetened milk or eggs white burrito- this is made with just egg whites, spinach, onions and wheat tortilla- i dont eat that often bc of the calories

snack- protein shake I drink this after I workout

Lunch/ Dinner: bake chicken breast or fish with brown rice sometimes and green veggies all the time.

snack: fruit or salad

if i want something sweet Ill eat some greek yogurt with some homemade granola mixed in.

I dont do milk anymore.
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    If your body was already used to working out, doing lots of cardio, T25 mainly added strength training for you. Yes, it does have some cardio but its more about strength than cardio. I am doing T25, but I know that in order to get my desired calorie burn I have to do more, so I also walk 5 miles a day or do some other moderate exercise.

T25 is a good workout program, but it doesn't change the dynamic of calories in-calories out. Also, the diet plan has two options, one is 1200 and one is 1600, the decision of which to use is based on how active you are outside of T25.

If you reduced your cardio, increased your strength training, and kept your calories about the same, you'd probably gain muscle, which would mean no weight loss. If you want to continue losing, you have to create a calorie deficit.

The reason I choose 1600 calories is because there are 3 or 4 questions that are asked and that determines if you do 1200 or 1600 and mine was 1600. I have never worked out this long. Yes I have worked out before and I have tried many things but no longer than 3.5 weeks. So I dont know if my body is use to me working out being that it is not on a regular basis.
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your food intake? Are you using measuring cups and a food scale?
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    @Adrian...My current weight is 210.8 I am 5'4, my measurements are 40-34.5-48 and my thighs are 25.5. What I use to do on your site was 20 min workout, then rest for 10 mins then the ski steps, and then rest for 5 mins and sledgehammer workout but I would use a broom. I did that for about 2 weeks and I lost 4lbs in the 1st week eating 1200-1300 calories. I want to keep doing T25 but I also want to do the workouts I detailed above
    2 a days. but is it too much? I know that they are HIITS so maybe 3 times a week. Beta is notated to be more focused on core, Alpha what I am now is noted to be foundation and Gamma is strength.
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    i use cups. I write down my info in a notebook. I am more paper and pen person. Then I input it into my electronic diary.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm just started week 4 of T25 Alpha phase and I'm not loosing weight either but I have noticed that I'm looking leaner and tightening up. I'm a bit discouraged but then I have to keep reminding myself the scale is just numbers its what changes I see that matters. Keep going don't give up on it try not to judge a workout by the number on the scale look at your progress in the way you look and feel after all the hard work.

I am having the same type of results, I'm on week 8. I'm also in a challenge group, and have noticed that others that are doing it or have completed it seem to be losing more inches than pounds.
  • jhook11
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds of P90x and Insanity, switching back and forth. Each time I've started the new round of either one, it takes me a good 6-8 weeks to see the scale start to budge. Usually during the 2nd rest week is when it really shows up on the scale. Just hang in there, give it some more time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Also, if you aren't weighing your food, I suspect you are miscounting calories. Even with cuts, you can easily under estimate calories... enough to eliminate your deficit.
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    The only thing I possibly need to weigh is my chicken and what I do instead is if the pacakage says serving size is 5 and there are 10 servings in the container then I cut it in half. is that wrong?

I dont use MFP calorie counter. I like another one better.
  • healthymomma804
    Options
    okay so its my chicken that I eat? okay. well ill just cut that out bc I cant get a scale at the moment. but I log everything else.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's kind of hard to tell without seeing a diary. What is the ratio of carbs to protein to fat? Also, do you have any medical conditions? Have you gotten your blood work done?
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing my final week in Alpha. I've only lost 2 lbs in 5 weeks, but around 11 inches throughout my body. It can get frustrating, but I suggest doing your measurements: chest, waist, hips, upper arm, thighs, calves.
  • Kaety03
    Options
    Glad I found this!! I just completed Week 3 of T25 and I l feel leaner and appear more toned, but I've gained 2.4 lbs. Not to mention my knees are KILLING me. I love Shaun T., but I am done with this workout. I need the scale to move down for my own mental health. I'm going back to my old workout.
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds on T25 in the 10 weeks (136-122), and an additional 5 pounds in Gamma the 4 weeks after that. I ate about 1400 calories a day, sometimes more. But my eating was clean with just a handful of small cheats throughout the program. I don't do cheat days, only a cheat meal here and there for sanity.

Plus, not all calories are the same. Processed foods, Lean Cuisine's, Weight Watchers snacks all have empty calories and often not enough protein. Ditch all those (assuming you eat some based on the packaged chicken comment). My guess is that if you are not losing on a Beachbody program then your eating is the issue. Use the online resources on their website and look for vegetarian substitutes if you don't eat meat, but stick to the nutrition plan.

I would invest in an inexpensive food scale to measure your protein and carbs.

Good luck! :)