MFP Runners Club - July 23

Options
13»

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I had music practice last night so I only got a very short 20 min run in beforehand. I can't believe that I would ever think 20 min was too short!! :noway:
    Tonight I have jazz band, but will hit the gym before. Probably do the elliptical and weights instead. My hip starts to hurt a bit after several consecutive days of running. Does anyone else have this problem?

Recently Trish mentioned something that helped me with hip pain. Be sure not to sway your hips when you run. I did not even realize I was doing it until my dh said "you run like a girl". At the time, I thought it was a compliment.:embarassed:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Today's jog was a success for me!

I totally beat my time of 22 minutes straight and jogged for 25 minutes straight without stopping.

I think my other routine where I stop and walk after each 10 minute jog for 1 min is just way too hard for me for some reason. I think the stopping to walk in between for 1 minute is making me too tired to keep going but then I do it anyways and I end up dead, like yesterday. Today I felt like I had an awesome workout, I sweat, I challenged myself by going for 25 minutes and afterward I recovered a lot faster than I did yesterday.

I burned 445 calories today! :bigsmile:

Way to go! Enjoy all those exercise calories today!

:drinker: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Had every intention of transitioning over to an AM run schedule before I start back to work. (I work in the school system, have 2 kids and also in college part time) I figure with my schedule, waking up early will be my only chance to workout. Planned on getting up at 7 to run before it got too hot, but my 2 year old woke up with a fever at 5:30. She is down for a nap now, so it is jillian's shred and a strength training video for me! 4 year old goes to the dentist for the first time today, and then church tonight means I probably won't get a run in. Arghh, how do you find the time to exercise?!?

:heart: Christina

It is hard. It sounds even harder for you (work, school, 2 kids, and college). I'm exhausted thinking about your schedule.:flowerforyou:

My running partner and I run at 5:45 am to avoid the heat here in NC. It is still hot and humid but the sun is just coming up so it's not as bad as running at 7 am.

I have one child. I work part time from home. Plus my dh works from home a few days a week. So I just schedule my runs before he leaves for the office. Tomorrow we'll be running for an hour instead of a half hour but my dh works from home so I can return a little later than usual.

Hang in there! Don't give up trying.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hey All!

Got about 4.5 miles in today. It was one of those SLUGGISH runs though. :grumble: Oh well...Saturday will be better.

Last night when I checked the mail there was a package from the 10k that I ran in the mountains last month. It's a 3rd place medal for "F, 40-49". I think there were 5 women in my age group, but what the hell, I was still happy. :laugh:

Shannon that is awesome!:drinker:

• kechiemc
    Options
    3 miles today

Great job! Are you training for a 5K?
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good late morning.
    Just had a hard time getting to bed last night, so no running this morning.
    I am thinking I will run on the treadmil tonight. I haven't been on the treadmill since it warmed up here. (And it is a really nice one, but I don't have but the few programs it came with) I find it harder to run on when you are not already a good runner. So maybe now that I have built up some stamina running on the street, maybe I will go farther on it.
    Plus it will be a good mix up to do it at night rather than at 5:30-6:00 in the morning.

I have hit a bump in the road, haven't lost any weight and actually gained a pound from my weekend (Stawberry Margarita:drinker: ). Plus I had pizza last night :explode: . I didn't go over my calories if you include what I worked off, but I went way over the 1200 that I try to stay at. (Everyone is different and I can't eat that much and loose weight)
    So today is a new day and I am going to do my regular daily stuff and then work my butt off tonight with video and treadmill.
    Thanks for listening, you know it helps just to put it in a plan and write it down. Makes it real.
    SM

"Today is a new day.." You're right! I love it!

chat soon

It is sure nice to know you are watching for everyone.:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello again :)
    So only did a quick mile before a power pilates class... it was good to keep working on the muscles that are sore from yesterday, and the stretches helped.

-pmkelly... I did like the Tuesday routine... I will only be able to do that once in a blue moon since normally I work till 6:30 on Tuesday nights, which is when the class starts. I just happened to not have a late patient last night. But man did I feel good... as I was running after the class I had that "I accomplished" something feeling.

Anywho I am making dinner... zucchini casserole (sp?)... this is my first every garden this year and I have picked 15 zucchini so far, so I am relishing in my harvest :)

Have a great evening everyone!!
    -S
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    OK signed up for a 5K in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Lets see if I can improve on my time.
    My last official 5K I did a 21:36 that was almost 3 months ago, I should hope I can shave at least 1 minute off that time.

I'll be shooting for under 20, but I'll be happy with 20:30 or better.
    wish me luck guys!
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    Okay so I did not get out early today as originally planned, and thought I would not get anything done. I managed to cut down a tree in the yard that over grew it's welcome, and did a little house cleaning. My wife will be so proud:laugh:

At around 6:00 P.M. I could not stand it any longer and ran my normal 3 mile course. I cut my time by 3 minutes WOOO HOOOO. I FEEL GREAT.

Good running tommorrow everyone. I go out on dayshift so my running will be strictly evenings this week. Saturday will be a day of rest as my wife and I are hosting my grandmothers 80th birthday party.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    So after running consistently for almost a month..I have noticed that my arms have toned up a bit. Am I imagining it or have some of you guys noticed the same results? :smile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    OK signed up for a 5K in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Lets see if I can improve on my time.
    My last official 5K I did a 21:36 that was almost 3 months ago, I should hope I can shave at least 1 minute off that time.

wish me luck guys!

Congrats and WOW! that is an ambitious finish time!! I am so jealous of how much faster men are! Good Luck!! I have not short term memory so remind us before the race so we can cheer you on.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    So after running consistently for almost a month..I have noticed that my arms have toned up a bit. Am I imagining it or have some of you guys noticed the same results? :smile:

i noticed it in my arms, shoulders and chest area too. Remember fat loss doesn't discriminate, you lose it in whatever areas your body wants to. I just wish it would chose my hips before my chest!! :laugh:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Had a great 2 mile swim today! Running for the first time this week tomorrow since my race!!! I'm ready!
  • banks1850
    Options

i noticed it in my arms, shoulders and chest area too. Remember fat loss doesn't discriminate, you lose it in whatever areas your body wants to. I just wish it would chose my hips before my chest!! :laugh:

This is very true. Any area with less surface space that has fat will probably tone up quicker, because it's all about where fat is in relation to your blood vessels. If the area in quesiton (your arms) is closer to the blood, then it will be easier to get the fat to transport, thus, more efficient in your body's eyes. The body is an efficiency engine, it will take the energy that is easiest to get to... and there you have it.
  • banks1850
    Options

wish me luck guys!

Congrats and WOW! that is an ambitious finish time!! I am so jealous of how much faster men are! Good Luck!! I have not short term memory so remind us before the race so we can cheer you on.

It's all relative PM. For me, in high school and college I was running a 4:40 mile, and a 9:30 2 mile (we didn't do 5K's back then) so I imagine my 5K time would have been somewhere south of 16:00. I don't have any delusions of getting there any time soon, but I would like to get down to 19:00 before end of year if I can. I also want to do a 10K in under 40 minutes by next summer if I can. These SHOULD be achievable if my foot ever gets healthy and I can start running hard again. It's almost there, but not quite yet.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

This is very true. Any area with less surface space that has fat will probably tone up quicker, because it's all about where fat is in relation to your blood vessels. If the area in quesiton (your arms) is closer to the blood, then it will be easier to get the fat to transport, thus, more efficient in your body's eyes. The body is an efficiency engine, it will take the energy that is easiest to get to... and there you have it.

Good to know but soo not what I wanted to hear - everything else is toning up but my stomach is lagging behind - geesh.
  • banks1850
    Options

Good to know but soo not what I wanted to hear - everything else is toning up but my stomach is lagging behind - geesh.

right there with ya T! 6 months later and my stomach still isn't where I wanted, it's getting there, but still have a bit to go.