Where to put Iphone/ipod when weight training??

Options
Hello,

My gym doesn't offer the best music, and I have a weight training routine which follows particular tracks, which I normally listen to at home. However, they are on my iPhone now.. but where do I put it whilst weight training?

Is it weird putting it on the floor, or on a nearby bench? Should I buy an armband or something? Apparently armbands restrict blood flow.

Where do you put your iPhone/ipod when training? Please no silly answers like in the buttocks or something.

Replies

• kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I favour an armband usually, but mine broke recently so I've been tucking it into the back of workout pants or my sports bra.
    Going to get a new armband though (and I've only ever had an issue training biceps - and learned to loosen it first)
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Down the bra... but the case gets a bit icky.
  • Kyliemonash
    Options
    I favour an armband usually, but mine broke recently so I've been tucking it into the back of workout pants or my sports bra.
    Going to get a new armband though (and I've only ever had an issue training biceps - and learned to loosen it first)

None of my workout pants/shorts have pockets. Is it considered weird tucking it between the workout pants and the hips??

• robinsondel
    Options
    For me, I usually work out in a t-shirt that has a pocket. I usually just stick mine in my shirt pocket and run the headphone cord around behind my neck. That gets it out of my way and since my neck is over 20" it gets rid of the slack cord hangin in the way.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    invest in an armband.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    My hoodie has a pocket with a zip. I just keep my mp3 player in there.
    I put my phone on the floor as I use FitNotes to log my training between sets/exercises.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    sounds tacky but mine goes in my bra ;p
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Armband, get a good brand like Belkin because the cheap ones break or the velco strap wears off within a few weeks.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    sounds tacky but mine goes in my bra ;p

Not tacky at all, if I had boobs, or wore a man bra for my moobs, I'd put mine in there too!
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Why dont you use a BT sports headset ?
  • sbjaved
    sbjaved Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In your pocketses...
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use an armband for my iPod, they're really not that expensive, but I also just tuck stuff (tissues, piece of paper with my workout plan) under my waistband. You have to consider that a phone under your waistband might make some moves (squats...) uncomfortable/impossible and it can slide/drop, so an armband is probably the best option. Or invest in some bluetooth headphones! :)
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I stick mine down my bra.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    I'd probably use an armband, or one of those bluetooth headsets if they made them big enough for me. I've have yet to find an armband that will fit around my arm and none of the collars on the BT headsets are big enough to fit my neck..yet!
  • ivormorgan
    Options
    I keep mine between the cheeks of my buttocks. If I forget mine I use somebody else's.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Why not get a running pouch? This kinda thing: http://amzn.to/1jTYEhh

I wear combats when I train so just stick it in one of the pockets.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i tuck mine into my gun holster
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bluetooth earbuds, phone goes into gym bag with favorite playlist, the joy of wireless freedom while lifting is unmatched
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    In the bra :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Where do you put your iPhone/ipod when training? Please no silly answers like in the buttocks or something.

:laugh: Thank you for saying it for us. "Buttocks" just sounded funnier. Anywho, I've always worn a workout jacket inside, and it has pockets. You can probably use a normal cell phone clip for your hip/side. Or, try investing in a Bluetooth earpiece. You can get them from Walmart for about $20, and then you can put your phone on the floor (on a paper towel).
    I'd probably use an armband, or one of those bluetooth headsets if they made them big enough for me. I've have yet to find an armband that will fit around my arm and none of the collars on the BT headsets are big enough to fit my neck..yet!
    They make the earpiece that can be used for music and phone calls. It's just for one ear, but since you're having trouble finding anything, having music in one ear is better than no music. Try Walmart. They're $20 or so.