Tired of just being a "Pretty Face"

Options
Hello! My name is Amber. I am really motivated to lose weight. I want that motivation and dedication to LAST. Ideas? Also, I am going to try cooking more healthier, but I don't want to eat like a rabbit! Any suggestions? Should I be taking any supplements? I currently just take 1 Flintstone vitamin a day :)

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you like. Ill try to answer questions. You can peak at peoples diaries and get a look. Mostly I try to get a good amount of protein, fruits and veggies, and dairy. Limit carbs. And drink enough water. Might want to substitute the flinstones for a womens vitamin (more calium, vitamin D, folic acid etc.)

ETA: Snacking is the devil, usually high-cal for minimum amount of food that still leaves you hungry. Best are whole foods.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I live finding healthy new recipes and cooking as much as I can! I swear by my crockpot! And rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Another favorite of mine for low cal healthiness is lentils. Those things are freaking amazing! Feel free to add me!
  • MissAmberBall
    Options
    Awesome thank you! I would say this is my first "REAL" attempt at losing weight. I joined a gym and have been watching what I eat.. aka no fast food.. really trying to limit PEPSI consumption. I swear Pepsi is the devil. And actually eating 3 meals a day. I had a bad habit of skipping breakfast then be starving for lunch!
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    I swear I eat all day. But yeah, skipping meals wont help you. Especially if you have a pretty active exercise schedule
  • allaboutcr
    Options
    Hi MissAmberBall! I totally understand what you mean about being the "pretty face"! It's sort of a nice way of saying you're "fat,big,overweight, whatever, but you have a pretty face"! Welcome, I'm just getting started (for the umpteenth time), but this time is it!! Best to you
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    This site has a wealth of information, take advantage. Recipes, support, muscle building.
  • janentmurray
    janentmurray Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha your heading caught my attention cause I get told that a lot too.....and my reply is "yeah, but shame about the body" lol. If you just reduce your calories by 500 each day you should start losing 1-2 pnds a week. I myself have limited my calories to 1200max per day and sometimes I struggle to eat all that. You need to monitor very closely everything you consume and drink, even homemade juices can have a lot of calories. Eat mostly fruit 'n' vege, fish, chicken, wholegrain breads, brown rice etc. Cut out all white sugar, bread, rice, pasta etc and definitely no fast foods, they're full of chemicals anyway. I've been trying hard to eat things close to nature ie grown in the ground, from a tree etc and if possible, choose organic foods, although that can get quite costly. All the best with your weight loss journey and welcome to myfitnesspal ;) please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • jimzucco
    Options
    Seriously sugary drinks are the worst thing for me. I drink probably more calories than I eat.
  • MissAmberBall
    Options
    YES! I am a "drinker" as well!
  • TheCredibleHuIk
    TheCredibleHuIk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, Amber.

Firstly, don't remove any foods from your diet, create a balance. Calculate some macronutrients which can be done; here.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Track for 3-4 weeks and adjust accordingly.

Make sure you use a DIGITAL food scale, log everything you eat and don't worry if you have a day where you slip up, it happens. What counts is continuing the other days, the long run is what counts.

You absolutely do not need to stop drinking certain things or eating certain things, you just have to make room for them in your calories and macros.

Macro's = Protein/Carb/Fat

Yours sincerely,

The Credible Hulk
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It's difficult being a pretty face.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to why you are taking a Flinstone vitamin. Those vitamins are made for children. Adults have different needs than children. I think you would be better off taking a vitamin geared towards adults.

My recommendation is:
    ~invest in a food scale
    ~weigh everything you eat and log EVERYTHING you consume
    ~Find a physical activity that you enjoy and do it.
    ~Stay within your calorie limit
    ~do all of the above and you will see changes
  • MissAmberBall
    Options
    The One a Day Women's Vitamin makes me sick. I've tried eating with it and so fourth. Just makes me nauseated. Same thing happened with pre natal vitamins a few years ago so the Dr. just recommended I take those. He said it would be better than nothing.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Atleast you got a "pretty face", beautiful people problems... :grumble:
  • MissAmberBall
    Options
    ^^^ lol