How to loose my hips...

Options
I've used the fitness pal to loose some weight but I am struggling to loose my hips :( All the weight seems to be comin off elsewhere. Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here?

Replies

• daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce fat
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    you cant control where you lose your fat. I lose mine from my legs and arms first. My stomach is the last to go.... keep going... It will fall off eventually.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing weight. You can't spot reduce.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've used the fitness pal to loose some weight but I am struggling to loose my hips :( All the weight seems to be comin off elsewhere. Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here?
    Hip removal Operation? Will be tough to walk upright without it..... sorry couldn't help myself :happy:

I actually have the same issue. I gain first at the hips and loose fat last from there. Additionally I have naturally wide hips. So now at 5'9 and 145lbs my hips are so still at 39.4 inches.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You can only spot reduce with plastic surgery.

I'm also hippy. I notice that I lose fat in the opposite order I put it on. Not sure if that's true for everyone but that's what seems to be for me. If your hips are the first place you out on weight they may be the last place you lose it - so keep at it!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    major surgery- and elective bone removal is a difficult thing to get a surgeon to agree too- might have to hit up a 3rd world country type of place.

But hey- if that's what you want.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    That is your body type....you can not spot reduce. Continue to lose weight and strenght train. You can spot target a certain muscle group.... but hips aren't really one of them.

Lunges
    Squats
    Donkey Kicks
    Swing Kicks
    Side leg lifts
    Military March

Running

Those particular exercises may help.... but you still need a deficit and lose the weight. Your body will remove the fat from certain areas at different times. Its frustrating, but the sooner you accept it... the easier life will be.