Healthy Substitutes for ranch dressing?

Options
13»

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will like the yogurt and ranch season mix.

I like my salad drenched in dressing - hate, hate, hate when there is only a little dressing and it barely covers the lettuce.

Agree. No point eating a salad if you can barely taste the dressing. I dont drench it, but theres gotta be a good amount on it. I wont even waste my time on a salad with only a few ingredients. I go big or not at all. Chef salad with ham,egg,cottage cheese,shredded cheddar ,croutons and thousand island is my fav.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    bump ...because i love ranch dressing and it's hard to find a good one, nevermind worrying about the cals, I just want a nice fresh herby creamy savory ranch with low sweetness, no chemicalness, and no weird sour or bitterness. What happened to the ranch of my youth? I wish I can remember where I got that best first taste of ranch. Hopefully buying all the ranches on this thread will reveal it to me. my recent holy grail. *sigh*
  • Gardenwalla
    Gardenwalla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the full calorie Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. I just budget for the calories and enjoy having it.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch. Tastes good unlike fat-free anything. Just measure and don't use a ridiculous amount.
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the Walden farms 0 calorie ranch.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you like a lot of dressing ill second the Greek yogurt + ranch packet. 1/2c of Greek yogurt is crazy amount of good protein. Slather on with great health benefits. I made a batch without the milk & sheesh it tasted exactly like chip dip.

Healthy Ranch Dressing
    Ingredients:
    1 cup Greek Yogurt PLAIN.
    1 Packet hidden valley ranch mix
    *1/2 cup 1% or 2% milk

whisk together all ingredients and let it sit for an hour.

*i used 1/2 cup of milk because that is what the recipe called for but i thought it was a bit too runny for my liking. so add less milk for a little thicker dressing.

nutritional info: (for the ENTIRE batch):
    calories: 201 carbs: 15 fat: 2 Sodium: 155 fiber: 0 sugar: 15

http://fabulousfoodblog.com/2012/12/31/ranch-is-so-fattening-until-now-this-whole-jar-of-ranch-is-only-1-75-grams-of-fat-and-255-calories-1-cup-dannon-oikos-plain-greek-yogurt-1-packet-hidden-valley-ranch-mix-12-cup-1-milk-whisk-to-2/
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Newmans Own low fat italian dressing