GIVE ME LOVE! (and some friends...)

Options
Hello everyone! Thanks for checking this out :flowerforyou:

My name is Rose, and I really wanted some friends to motivate me with their successes!
I'm 18, and I'm going to college soon!
I wanted to acquire good eating habits before entering college so that I don't gain the "Freshman 15"

If you can help me out, that'd be great!

Replies

• GohanJKA
    Options
    Hi Rose I just started a few days ago and I could use some friends too. I can try my best to help motivate you and support you.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose! I think that's *awesome* planning on your part - college is definitely an easy place to put on pounds. Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    Welcome Rose!

Where are you going to school? What are you studying?
  • BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome you may add me anyone can
  • Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello there :) My name is Ally, and I am currently working on my masters degree in dietetics. Please feel free to add me! Fantastic job working on a healthy lifestyle now, before going away. Wish I had done the same!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Franki261
    Options
    What a great attitude... I wish I'd been as sensible when I started uni. I put on about half a stone (7 pounds) in first term alone! It's amazing to look back at the pictures now and realise that although I was younger and fresher faced then (I'm 29 now), in terms of health, I am definitely looking better now!

It's tough when you're studying as you don't have much money to spend on food but good luck and hit me up for support or food ideas any time. My younger sis is 20 and started art college two years ago and we share recipes a lot. x
  • jdmedley00
    Options
    Welcome! I am starting anew today and excited! I'm Jackie. My son is freshman who began in August and said he too has gained as well so I applaud you. I too will need to add some friends for motivation and inspiration Best wishes!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm a college sophomore and I lost weight during my freshman year! If you have access to a kitchen, you should learn how to cook a few easy recipes first. I did this and it really helped. Even if you only have a microwave, there are plenty of healthy things you can prepare.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey , I'm Jenna and I just recently started using the forums and am also looking for friends to support! I'm 21 and though I'm not in college at the moment, I personally found it really helped to eat a good, healthy breakfast before class in the morning, and since I commuted to school I would bring a small snack( like yogurt) to eat right before class because otherwise, without fail, my stomach would start growling halfway through the class. I also carried around a water bottle all day and refilled it as needed, and tried to tell myself I would only drink water on campus. Of course, I'm an avid tea drinker so I had to give in to Timmy's from time to time!

Feel free to add me and I can help you/motivate you as much as I can:)
    Good luck with college.
  • sara_qayoom
    Options
    Hey rose i think it'll be cool if we became friends since we're both around the same age and lets face it we both wanna be thin and enjoy our young years right? Lets become healthy together!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Thanks JShay and Sara_qayoom! I added you guys :)
  • Abb22y
    Abb22y Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose and everyone I'm Abrar 21 , next week i'll be going to college for the 3rd time , i quit twice before for getting bullied because of my weight , so i developed a social anxiety , i got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder almost a year ago .
    while i was in school last time i was eating healthy , working out and everything i lost more than 20 lbs . After getting bullied again and quitting school i gained 30 lbs .
    Now i'm more confident , i'm on medication and therapy , i'm eating better- healthier , i'm working out . I hope this time i can do it , i joined this site to get motivated and motivate (so no one live what i lived, i'm living) lets motivate each other :)
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Thanks for sharing,Abb22y! I added you :)