Can I lose 21 pounds in 21 days? no carbs and working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• rickster2663
    rickster2663 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole,
    Can you lose that much, maybe, but the side effects of trying could be drastic. I have lost that kind of weight when I was 436lbs. however unless I am mistaken you aren't in that predicament. I would recommend taking your time and doing it right. Since rejoining MFP I have lost 76 lbs. and am very happy just losing 2-3 lbs a week. That being said everyone is there own person and I am in no position to judge. Best of luck in your endeavor but please be careful.

Rick
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You can lose 21 pounds in 21 days. You can also pass out from the lack of carbohydrates and smack your head against the treadmill...giving you a really sexy bump on your face that your boyfriend is sure to adore.

I would seriously rethink what you are doing. Lose what you can with a sane deficit and add some carbs.

If your friend is wanting to be a trainer and he supports this diet....he may want to rethink his goals as well.

QFT!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    If your brother is on your side on this, then I wouldn't consider him to be a "'budding" trainer in training. And just think of this reality: you cut carbs to lose. Your BF arrives and wants to eat carbs. You join him and gain 21 pounds in a couple of days. He'll leave thinking "wow she gained a bunch of weight in a couple of days". Think about it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

I do believe you're on to something. Let's see how long it takes this one to go from "I want to lose 21 pounds in 21 days!" to "OMG NO YOU GUYS ALL I WANT TO DO IS LOSE INCHES WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME GAWD. BIATCHES!"

:laugh:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, why no carbs?
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Honestly no. Positive? JUST keep focused on your goal and you will look better and feel better in 21days.

This may help - I have 2 friends. Both are 140-150lbs 5'3". One wears a size 4 and one wears a size 10.
    Difference? One works out and eats healthy (size 4), the other counts calories but eats empty calories (size 10)

No matter what the scale says, if you continue to eat healthy and work out, in 20 days you will look better than you do today.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Did you gain the 21 pounds in 21 days? :smile: PLEASE do this in a safe way that will increase your chances of keeping it off. you don't want to have to do this every time he visits do you?
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 pounds in a month before. I had a serious stomach bug and could barely walk by the end. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. And pretty much none of the weight I lost was fat. It was all water and muscle.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm so hoping this is a troll or joke thread.

If it's neither--OP, you may not lose 20 pounds in 20 days. However, if you set your goals here in MFP and eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and continue your workouts (and make sure you eat your exercise calories back to fuel your body), you may be able to lose 2-4 pounds in 20 days. When this boyfriend flies in, you will be standing on two feet, smiling, and feeling really great!

You will also have started a lifestyle change instead of embarking on "journey quick fix all over a guy". Believe me, quick fixes don't work.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't give your long distance boyfriend false impressions about your body weight. Hmm?
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not unless you want to be miserable while he visits. I lost 30 lbs in about a month once from around 150 to 120, NOT on purpose. Something was wrong and I could only eat 2-3 bites at a time and would feel like my stomach was about to burst. I also had no cravings and no desire to eat desserts or sweets. Whatever it was passed and a few months later, I had the worst pain imaginable, worse than childbirth! After a trip to the ER, I was told that I had gallstones most likely from the rapid weight loss. So even if you could do it, why would you risk this type of side effect??
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I would say You should try it .Not carb and doing workout is not bad idea .Nothing to lose except some weight .You have good motivation Make best of it .
    Terrible answer.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hard to say. Last week was the girl who wanted to look good in a bikini from Australia. There are a lot of young girls looking for fast solutions rather than a lifetime of health and fitness.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what anyone has told you it is not possible to do this in any healthful way and I would discourage your from this attempt. you would be much better off to simply lose whatever weight you lose in 21 days but adopting a diet and eating habit that you can stick to for life regardless of any artificial deadline.

whatever you may think of your boyfriend, if he doesn't value YOU FOR YOU, lose him.

and whatever has gotten into your head that makes YOU think people care more about what you look like than who you are as a person get THAT **** out of your head.

your boyfriend will be much more impressed if you are happy and sane than skinny and crazy. for that matter, learn to cook his favorite meal regardless of how fattening it is would be a much better use of your time.
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You could... If you do some ridiculous regime that MMA fighters do to drop weight before fights. However that would be all water weight and wouldn't make you look any different and could do you serious irreparable harm.

The short answer is obvious and I'm sure you knew it before posting. If it was possible to lose a pound per day why on earth would any of us be fat?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.