How can i keep my breasts ??

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I was sad about this too OP but then I realized I at least have control over how my butt looks. I do a lot of weighted squats and hip thrusts to help me out in that department. my boobs are still kind of a lost cause though, so I just do my best to wear nice bras and appreciate my other assets. good luck!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I keep my little lower tummy pooch rather than lose the weight I'd need to lose it, in order to keep the boobs. Hopefully, the little belly will magically disappear first this time, though! It's possible. Not probable, lol... but possible.

You have to make choices, and they are yours to decide. If you do see the boobage running away, wear a sleep bra while you lose weight, to help the skin adjust better to the loss. You're welcome ;)
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments they were very helpful :smile: i will keep going with the exercise adding more toning ones and if they do totally shrink ill invest in some nice bras and say hello to my toes that i will be able to see after all these years :laugh: :laugh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit! I just want to add that when you lose weight all over, your boobs can end up looking bigger in proportion to the rest of your body. Mine are smaller now, but more noticeable since they no longer merge seamlessly with my belly. :bigsmile:
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my husband says a handful is all you need.........more is just a waste! lol! ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can keep them in a bra, in a shirt, you can keep them anywhere! Do you like green eggs and ham!?
  • steph6467
    steph6467 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what they said. :) I'm at the same weight/height as you right now but my poor girls were small to begin with. Now they are getting really really really small. So sad!! But only two humans see them sans-bra and neither of us (husband/me) would keep the fat thighs just to preserve the itty bitty *ittys. :D
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    You probably won't keep them (yes i'm mourning mine also), but i also do chest flys, bench press, incline dumbell press and pull ups to help with the illusion that i may have some :P
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you are sorta lucky.. I've had almost average sized breasts but ever since losing weight they have gone from average to small - I don't mind it clothed, it's other times I do. I feel self conscious around my boyfriend now and I don't think I will be happy with them until the rest of my belly is gone. As right now my stomach is bigger.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Invest in a great bra. You can't control where the fat will come from when you lose weight.

This.

For a long time I was upset about having lost a full cup size, but I bought some nice push-up bras and decided to focus on all the positive changes I see when I look in the mirror.

I have just done this, and I love the new push up bra's I have been a big woman for a long time - have always had small breast but still I have lost a whole cupsize and was so upset - however my husband is so awesome-- he said " you had small breast when I married you ,why would I care if they are small now ?" so I don't care anymore I love my sexy new bras and so what if they are B cups ..
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed my boobs for my butt. I lost 2 cups and now have a small B
    I don't miss them all that much to be honest lol

Pushups is the way to go! Victoria does have an amazing secret :flowerforyou:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.
    I would think so. I've been repeatedly surprised to learn on MFP how important this is to a lot of women.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.

Right!!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people have shrinking boob syndrome from weight loss, but sadly I'm not one of them. I have now lost 65 lbs, yet my boobs have not shrunk at all! In fact I've gained 2 cup sized, I honestly wish they would shrink a little it sucks having DDD boobs. Funny thing is I complained about my boobs being too big before I started my journey, and they were just D cup then.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I need some help and advice please :smile: I am 5ft 4 and weigh 138lbs i have 12lbs to get to my goal weight i had a baby 8 mnths ago so im trying to get back to my pre baby weight so i can actually fit into my old clothes. The issue i have is i have always had big breasts which im happy about but they are now shrinking as im losing weight. Before when i was smaller i still had breasts i have looked at things like insanity etc to shed the last few pounds but the results seem to shrink everywhere especially this area i know that they are mostly fatty tissue which is why they get a lot smaller when you are losing but if anyone could give me some advice on an exercise that could firm up the skin around them or to keep them from shrinking to much i would be grateful thank you :flowerforyou:

exercises for the pecs will help what you DO have look perkier. In the last 18 months or so, I have gone from a 42DD down to a 38C, and my boobs look bettter now than they did when I started
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.
    I would think so. I've been repeatedly surprised to learn on MFP how important this is to a lot of women.

Well, it can change the whole shape you've been used to when trim your whole life since your teens. I don't know why I used to be slim with a certain size boobs and now when that slim have smallish ones, but it's an odd feeling (for me) to be a girl with smallish boobs when you aren't used to it at all.

Full disclosure: losing weight there make mine sag some. They don't when filled out, so I like keeping the filling for the shape! Mine don't become magically perky small ones or anything, lol.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people have shrinking boob syndrome from weight loss, but sadly I'm not one of them. I have now lost 65 lbs, yet my boobs have not shrunk at all! In fact I've gained 2 cup sized, I honestly wish they would shrink a little it sucks having DDD boobs. Funny thing is I complained about my boobs being too big before I started my journey, and they were just D cup then.

this seems to be true of people who start off full busted rather than those who are full breasted.

the difference is that full busted gals start off with smaller band sizes and tig ole bitties where as full breasted ladies have larger band sizes.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I imagine that some of the shrinkage is also from going back to normal after having a baby. They tend t o balloon for breastfeeding and then calm down eventually. Mine were the size of my head and I'm rather relieved they didnt stay that way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Put a jar next to the treadmill. That way instead of passively staring, passersby can contribute to your future full body goal. Instead of writing the usual "tip jar" on it, write "boob job". That way you can actively be slimming down and saving up at the same time.

chick-high-heels-treadmill-fail.gif?w=497
    4182135532_493ef9c91f.jpg
  • libyloba
    Options
    I would not mind giving up a cup or two. They are killing my back. My husband loves it but i dont. I alway had large breasy but after giving birth and gaining weight they look ridiculous.