Which activity tracker to go with? Flex, Force, Loop..etc

Options
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have had my Fitbit Ultra for 18-20 months and it is slowly dying. It is cracking, the charging dongle is being tempermental so am thinking it is time to upgrade. I have a Polar FT4 that I use when I am doing my weight training - I just like the Ultra to wear all day to track my steps etc.

Just wondering what all of your experiences are with activity trackers. Do you like fit Flex, the Force...I have seen the Polar Loop, have heard things about the Garmin or Nike Fuelband.

Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions!
Angie

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Just a note that you HRM will be giving exaggerated numbers for weight training unless you're running while you do it. They're meant to be used for steady state cardio and the algorithms aren't right for lower HR's.

From what I've heard the Polar Loop still has some bugs to work out and a lot of people aren't too happy with it. It also doesn't synch with MFP so you have logging in 2 places to contend with. The Force sounded intriguing to me because it has a built in display with a time feature but it's also kind of big and clunky to wear on your wrist all the time and there seems to be some discrepancy about whether it's splashproof, waterproof or water resistant. I have the Zip right now and I like it because I clip it onto my bra and forget about it. I don't care about my sleep or number of stairs climbed so it works well for me at a reasonable price.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, with a dying Fitbit Classic (pre-Ultra). I can't decide. I tried the Flex and didn't like it. Too big and ugly. I like the Misfit Shine but it's pricey and it only synchs to iPhones. I'll probably nurse my Fitbit along until it's time for a new phone in the spring and decide then.
  • availles
    Options
    It's got to be the new Fitbug Orb (http://fitbugorb.com)
    Low price, high spec, really small to carry and great online coaching.
    It measures weight, activity, even sleeping patterns.
  • Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One, same as th flex but you can clip it anywhere. I love mine
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Painfully waiting for my fitbit flex to arrive in the mail. Preordered, but still delayed til Dec 6th. I'm hoping it lives up to the reviews.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Husband's ultra was dying, so we took advantage of cyber shopping and get him the Fitbit Force. So Far so good. (I am a die hard Nike Fuel Band wearer).
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It's got to be the new Fitbug Orb (http://fitbugorb.com)
    Low price, high spec, really small to carry and great online coaching.
    It measures weight, activity, even sleeping patterns.

CNET rated it below the other competitors, but not a lot below.

http://reviews.cnet.com/wearable-tech/fitbug-orb/4505-34900_7-35566975.html