Unexplained weight gain, constipation, heartburn

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have tried coffee, tried 6 prunes yesterday but not prune juice.
    Spots are on my face, theres one huge red one in between my eyebrows which is quite sore. Theres not that many so no its not that bothersome, its just because i dont usually have them that im including them as a symptom. :)

Please go to the doctor.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Spots are on my face, theres one huge red one in between my eyebrows which is quite sore. Theres not that many so no its not that bothersome, its just because i dont usually have them that im including them as a symptom. :)

Please go to the doctor.

shes been constipated for a week. its not life threatening. shes just pregnant! take it easy on her in this emotional, but wondrous time.
  • cheriebery
    Options
    There are many reasons why these things could be happening but it sounds like it's time for medical intervention. If this is financially difficult most decent sized communities in the US have a clinic that operates at low or no cost to low income people. You can find out info about them by calling Information and Referral in your town, dial 211 on your phone in most areas.

It is possible to have blockages very high up in the intestines or colon that enemas and other treatments won't help. There are metabolic issues that could be in play. You may have hit a plateau or a dozen other things. The major concern is the constipation IMO. With all the things you've tried and eliminated as causes, it's really time to see a professional and I'd recommend you do that soon. Best wishes and let us know if you get better, too!
  • nikilis
    Options
    At what point are you going to go see a doctor? Are you going to wait until the red spots turn into hives?

I wouldn't count on these forums for medical advice. If this continues go see a doctor.

Somebody on here could get it right....it may be something simple and easily remedied. It also may be a serious problem or reaction to food/medication.

"if only he had seen the warning signs of constipation and a few pimples, we could have saved him from a horrible death"

said no one ever.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As another with extremely irregular periods, 4 months late does NOT necessarily mean pregnant... -_- let's not jump to conclusions when we don't know her love life/habits
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At what point are you going to go see a doctor? Are you going to wait until the red spots turn into hives?

I wouldn't count on these forums for medical advice. If this continues go see a doctor.

Somebody on here could get it right....it may be something simple and easily remedied. It also may be a serious problem or reaction to food/medication.

"if only he had seen the warning signs of constipation and a few pimples, we could have saved him from a horrible death"

said no one ever.

Yeah....because constipation for a week...red spots and heart burn all all normal signs of good health. Good call.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

said no one ever.

Bubonic Plague, pregnant, and constipated all at the same time . . . Someone needs a mani-pedi
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Please go to the doctor.

shes been constipated for a week. its not life threatening. shes just pregnant! take it easy on her in this emotional, but wondrous time.

Niki! :bigsmile: She's abstaining.

If you've been constipated for a week and the usual remedies are not working, it's time to see the doctor.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

said no one ever.

Yeah....because constipation for a week...red spots and heart burn all all normal signs of good health. Good call.

Priceless. :drinker:
  • Ll1992
    Ll1992 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As another with extremely irregular periods, 4 months late does NOT necessarily mean pregnant... -_- let's not jump to conclusions when we don't know her love life/habits

This. ^ THANKYOU.
    My periods are always this late/irregular and even if they werent, there has been no possible way for me to have become pregnant, so please, no.

I appreciate all of your suggestions though, and will take the doctor thing on board if nothing happens by tomorrow.
    I do think it is higher up than the large intestine as the suppositories didnt work and although i have bloating in the stomach and face, i dont have lower stomach cramps.

Further suggestions/experiences welcome.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Please go to the doctor.

Emotional, wondrous, and apparently miraculous since she already stated she's abstinent.
  • hwoeltjen
    Options
    lol....some of you make it seem like a trip to the doctor requires a life threatening injury or illness.

A few of these posts showcase why you should never ask for medical advice on these forums.
  • nikilis
    Options

Please go to the doctor.

Emotional, wondrous, and apparently miraculous since she already stated she's abstinent.

the lord works in mysterious ways.
  • nikilis
    Options

said no one ever.

yeh, I suppose you're right, yesterday I coughed 3 times, my teeth bled a little bit when I flossed and I felt a little too depressed when the NZ team lost the Rugby League world cup.

off to the doctor to get all kinds of antibiotics! (its a stroke, I'm sure of it)
  • hwoeltjen
    Options
    Yeah...because we all know you can cure anything with meditation. Cancer? Just go to your happy place and BOOM...your cured.

By the way...I am not sure antibiotics would do much for a stroke.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Yeah...because we all know you can cure anything with meditation. Cancer? Just go to your happy place and BOOM...your cured.

By the way...I am not sure antibiotics would do much for a stroke.

naaa ahhh.. go to your doctor and ask, he will tell you, antibiotics totally treat a stroke. for serious.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hijack.....
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Do some deep squats. Google info on squats and constipation.

You could also try milk of magnesia. They have a cherry flavor that's not too bad.

Call your doctor if this doesn't help.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Do you mind posting a picture of the spots?

I was in nursing school so I know about this stuff… I'm wondering if they are hives from an allergic reaction to the suppositories.

I suggest you stop taking the laxatives… as they clearly aren't helping your situation.

Are you on any medications? Narcotics? Antidepressants? Anticonvulsants? Or taking iron supplements? Those drugs can often cause severe constipation.

You mentioned you haven't had menstruated in 4 months……. well hormonal disorders can affect your bowel movements…. have you had annual blood work done recently to check your calcium level, progesterone, estrogen, and thyroid levels?

I think your irregular periods/messed up hormones are linked to your constipation.

There are some diseases that can cause severe constipation but I highly doubt you have any of them. It's more likely to be a result of the hormonal issues you have going on.

Make an appointment with your gynecologist.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Eat a half of an avocado. Problem will be solved soon.