Hoping for a BABY!

Options
So, my husband and I have decided that we are going to try to have another BABY!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! We have a 9 year old and a 5 year old. We've tried to adopt for the last year, but have had no luck. Part of the reason that we wanted to adopt is because I had terrible pregnancies. With my oldest I gained 70 pounds; with my son I gained 60 and topped out at 265 lbs. Because of my weight, I had gestational diabetes with both, preeclampsia and hypertension with my first, and a tough recovery after my second. I went to my doctor and she said that I'm perfectly healthy to have another child, as long as I don't gain lots more weight. I'm trying now to eat better, and I've been exercising daily, but I'm starting out at 230. Doctor said I was fine to stick around 1,800 calories in my pregnancy, and as long as I eat the right foods, I could still be healthy even if I lose weight in pregnancy.

I NEED MOTIVATION! Please, if you are in the same situation, or have been in the same situation, help me out! I would like all the support I can get. Friend request me if you wish. Thanks a bunch :)

Mel

Replies

• Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am six months post delivery. I had preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. By watching my eating I only gained 16 pounds which was a huge accomplishment for me. Good luck to you. Friend me if you want. I do log in everyday but sometimes it's hard to talk a lot. This five month old and teaching teenagers can get the best of me fast.