Hard choice?

2»

Replies

• Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    If it was only friends and work colleagues then I would def. take the money. But never see my family? No amount of money would ever be enough.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    No, I wouldn't take it. But, I might say yes if you were giving my family the money and not me.
  • LMFAO.......

NO WAY!
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Can I keep 4 of my mfp friends?
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member

Nope :-(
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Guinivere Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 203December 01, 2013 3:29 pm Hypothetical question for ya!

If I said I'd like to give you £1 million, what would you say? Yes?

What if I said there was a catch?

You can only have the million quid if you never see your friends, work colleagues or family again, and you cannot say goodbye or contact them in any way ever again? Yes? Maybe No?

If No...... what if I offered you £100 million on the same terms? Would this change you to a Yes?

Love to hear your answers and your reasons :happy:

Reactively, being that I was posed the attached question 2 nights ago Would you sleep with an older man for about £22M? I'd replied abrasively and rather abruptly, that I'd offended the group who'd posed it. I'd said No ~ the summarised version.

US$1.64M or US$164M ~ For me personally, these sums (and more) just wouldn't wash. Uh-uh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In line of what you've presented here, the only family that I have, whose also my very best friend is priceless. My early years were of a sort, which had purposely allowed elements where she and I were intended to be fetted off against each other; Her beauty vs mine; Her network vs mine; Her accolades vs mine; We stood together and negated all that came with that as a team, against a cultural norm, leading together as friends, as equals and as family; My friends inherited a sister (I've always included and exposed her to my set) and what she's capable of is beyond any of my abilities, to generate from below-zero, where I see nothing, only that she'll affect and produce; Where I see a no way out, she sees exit points; Always a self-starter.

There's no volume of monetary gain on this planet that'll ever be attractive enough to have me agree to the above; An offer my sister and I had once rejected ~ a serious offer on the East Coast. When one considers how one's family are to continue their days with no knowledge of their missing/lost loved one(s) ~ you'll not despite how attractive the sum ... If you're in quality relationships (family and otherwise), you'll risk rejecting opportunities for self, if self-denial of who you are, what and where you came from, to how you are at that moment and time, are to be snuffed out, is the only way up and out.

ETA: "are" in place of "is"
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    No way in heck! I've got a good thing going on as far as family. Friends come and go... but I like my boyfriend and his family quite a bit. I wouldn't leave my younger sisters either. I'd rather work for my money anyway. ;)
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member

Nope :-(

Crap then no :(
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    No, but I'd direct my MIL to this offer so SHE could disappear from my life.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    Id do it for $2000

I'd do it for a Klondike bar.
  • Yes I'll buy some new friends and family.