LCHF diet

Options
Hi All, I have been reading up on the LCHF diet and I am thinking of giving it ago as it seems to make a lot of sense.I got the website from one of the posts on here.On 1200 calories I am always picking at food all the time and can;t keep to my diet.Are any of you on it ? If so how are you getting on and does it really work? looking forward to your views on this before I rush out and buy a cook book.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You already have my thoughts on this. Hopefully, others will have some ideas for you.

:flowerforyou:
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have tried LCHF diets before and you will deffinently will shed pounds,only to have one cheat day and put back on about 5 pounds.Watching calories and focussing on good fats IMO is the way to go. There is so much good food you can consume in a day on 12-1500 calories. But that is my opinion, good luck with whatever you choose to do. :smile:
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been on a LCHF diet since May. Have lost over 35 pounds. Cheat days are not as bad as you may read. LCHF is not for everyone. But it's worked for me.

J
  • fastfoodv
    Options
    About 50% of our calories should come from carbohydrate. Thirty percent of total calories from fat is a good guideline. Extremes don’t work long term and can be detrimental to our health and our waistlines.

Get an exclusive look at Lisa's new book STOP THE DIET, I WANT TO GET OFF! at www.stopthediet.com and visit Lisa Tillinger Johansen at www.consultthedietitian.com on Facebook at Lisa Tillinger Johansen and on Twitter @LisaTJohansen
  • soubriquette
    soubriquette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LCHF works really well for me, i am almost never hungry and currently am losing very fast, but i know that will slow down as i weigh less. I can recommend some good websites, all the advice is out there for free, no need to buy a cookbook unless you really want it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto, which is pretty much that. Only I eat more than you do and still lose weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Balance is the key. All that is required to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm doing LCHF and it is working so well for me. Love the food and totally got rid of food cravings that used to drive me mad. You don't have to buy a cook book, there are so many recipes on the website for free. Also if you go to youtube, and type lchf in the search field, you will get tons of recipes in video form. There's a young chef from Sweden who has the best recipes on youtube, he does them in English and he's got an adorable quirky Swedish charm, really entertaining to watch. He goes by Chef William, and his channel is LCHFWilliam. There's also a great website from Dr Andreas Eenfeldt named dietdoctor.com that has the best FREE advice on LCHF. I got lots more info, feel free to reach out and ask and I will be happy to help.

Good luck sweetheart!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, almost forgot. Some of my keto friends on MFP let me know about a FREE keto book on Amazon. You need to be quick though, I think it won't be free for long. You need to download on kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZDKJP2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GZDKJP2&linkCode=as2&tag=iblogthe-20