This Yogurt Tastes Like Icing

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    I'll have to try that.

Noosa strawberry rhubarb yogurt is my addiction. My husband and I share an 8 oz tub of it as "dessert" at least once a week. Their other varieties are yummy & creamy as well, but the strawberry rhubarb flavor seriously tastes like a delicious cheesecake...amazing.

(and yeah it's not nonfat, low sugar or all that low cal...but so good)

Yes! That stuff is seriously delicious.

I may have to keep an eye out for the OP yogurt too. 80 calories and 12g of protein sounds pretty good.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Going to get some today...yum. ♥ greek yogurt.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Mmmmm sounds delicious!!

I love dipping graham crackers into my oikos vanilla greek yogurt and it tastes just like a dessert to me too :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Mix in chocolate pb2 and it will be like a mounds candy bar

Ohhhh, never thought of that. Yum!
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    I am sold...bumping
  • 80 calories...and 12g of protein....0 fat.

You left out the most important macronutrient:
    0g fat
    9g carbohydrate
    12g protein

That doesn't sound like a great ratio to me. I'd much rather full-fat low-carb.
  • cmbancroft
    cmbancroft Posts: 8 Member
    Not sure what brand icing you've had, but it tastes like the smell of plaster sprayed with Pinesol to me. Yuck.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    80 calories...and 12g of protein....0 fat.

You left out the most important macronutrient:
    0g fat
    9g carbohydrate
    12g protein

That doesn't sound like a great ratio to me. I'd much rather full-fat low-carb.

I haven't counted carbs since 2003.
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Not sure what brand icing you've had, but it tastes like the smell of plaster sprayed with Pinesol to me. Yuck.

What you talkin bout willis
  • cmbancroft
    cmbancroft Posts: 8 Member

What you talkin bout willis

Try Chobani Pineapple, maybe add a little honey. Wayyyy closer to the icing taste, and closer to actual Greek yogurt -- thick, creamy, tangy, not too toxic.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Will be checking the market on the way home from work today...tho' it's a small market in the middle of nowhere so I won't keep my fingers crossed. :ohwell: Sounds too yummy!

My only choices were vanilla and blueberry. Went with the blueberry...it was yummy, but I want the 'icing' yogurt! :cry:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Thanks! I love Greek Yogurt and also love ALL THINGS COCONUT! Seems a match made in heaven. Guess there is going to be some competition for the supply at the grocery store for you ;)

I love coconut too, but real coconut.........not some factory made coconut flavoring.

Plain full fat Fage with a sprinkling of coconut, drizzling of coconut oil and a dash of vanilla and that is 'where its at for me.

Y'all can gladly have the artificially flavored stuff
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I can't be bothered with anything that's got goofy flavors and says "lite and fit"

how is my food fit?

Nope- Cabot 10% plain greek yogurt- I add my own flavors.

no thanks- pass. plus any yogurt made my dannon hasn't really done it for me- texture is like... bla I don't even know.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    You food purists ought to make your own Greek yogurt. It's super easy.
  • You food purists ought to make your own Greek yogurt. It's super easy.

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

no thanks- pass. plus any yogurt made my dannon hasn't really done it for me- texture is like... bla I don't even know.

I find it to be a bit chalky.
  • The coconut vanilla cream is one of my faves from the Dannon Light and Fit line for sure. That and the black cherry. Have banana cream at home too from my last shopping trip. The key lime is kinda gross. Can not agree more, that for only 80 calories it's the best yogurt you can get and it usually is only a $1 at my store. I'm so glad someone else raves about it too. Awesome stuff!!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    I already like the other flavors- thanks for the tip!!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    must try it then <3.
  • Mix in chocolate pb2 and it will be like a mounds candy bar

That is a great idea!