5:2 fasting diet :)

Options
Hey everybody :)
My name is Renata and although I have this account for a couple of years, I just started using so I'm new here :)
I'm 5'7" and I'm going with 5:2 fasting diet which I absolutely adore, but, sometimes I need a little bit of support and I would really love to have some friends here to help each other :)
I've already lost 10 pounds but I would like to lose 30 more :)

Looking forward to hear from you all and keep up the good work :D

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hi Renata - have you found the two groups for 5:2 fasters?
  • porkpiepete
    porkpiepete Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Renata
    Just started 5:2 this week too.
    Bought the book as well, fascinating reading.
    I think the combination of this website and 5:2 will help me to succeed after years of unsuccessful dieting.

All the best
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    I'm glad it's working for you. This is the first diet I tried. I just couldn't stick to it. I may try it again in the future or once in a while for a flush. Add me if you like.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 7:0 program...it's where you eat sensibly for 7 days and fast zero days. You must log your food honestly, maintain a calorie deficit and move your body a few days a week. It works for me and I have lost 26 pounds.
  • rmadden797
    Options
    Hi Renata :)

I'm the same height as you and I'm looking to lose a bit more still ! Need motivation though cause I keep slipping only fast days!
    Think I'm going to check out the groups on 5:2 fasters but I'm here to cheer you on :)
  • thextest
    Options
    Hey there :) I found one right after I posted this... sorry about this :-/
  • thextest
    Options
    thank you so much :D i'll be here for you too :D I'll also add you if you want to have each other in the friends lists :)
  • thextest
    Options
    Hi Renata
    Just started 5:2 this week too.
    Bought the book as well, fascinating reading.
    I think the combination of this website and 5:2 will help me to succeed after years of unsuccessful dieting.

All the best

All the best for you too :D hope it works for you too!
  • donnaburnett1982
    Options
    Hiya,

Thanks for the add. Ive been doing 5:2 for 5 weeks now and lost 11lbs and 4 cms around my tummy and waste!! I love the fact that tis diet fits around your life! You can fast when you like. Im fasting today and Thursday this week. Hoping for a 1lb or more loss this week as I only lost 1/2 last week :-)
  • missing75
    missing75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, excuse me but what is 5:2 fasters? Thanks!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 7:0 program...it's where you eat sensibly for 7 days and fast zero days. You must log your food honestly, maintain a calorie deficit and move your body a few days a week. It works for me and I have lost 26 pounds.

Good one ;)
  • sijomial
    Options
    Hi, excuse me but what is 5:2 fasters? Thanks!
    Have a look at this site - the book is fascinating to read even if you don't fancy trying this way of eating.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
  • missing75
    missing75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much :)
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had long term success from this? Seems like once you start eating normally, some weight would come back on, and you would have to go with the current MFP plan or move on to some other fad diet?
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    crap did i stumble on the we only eat on weekends thread again.. i dont get 5 and 2
  • sijomial
    Options
    Has anyone had long term success from this? Seems like once you start eating normally, some weight would come back on, and you would have to go with the current MFP plan or move on to some other fad diet?
    I would disagree it's a fad - just a different way to allocate your weekly calories. No banned foods, no "special" foods or supplements.... A lot of the negativity come from people who have a fear of short term fasting, or the fear of hunger, or simply mistake fast=fasting for fast=quick (it's not quick at all BTW - less than 1lb a week is common).

Many people continue to 5:2 after hitting maintence (5 days at a surplus) or switch to 6:1 (6 days at a very small surplus). I've tried both and prefer 6:1.
    I don't regard it as a diet in the sense of dieting at all - just a different way of eating.

Have a read for other people's experience:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1041574-post-results-weeks-on-program-pounds-lost
  • sijomial
    Options
    crap did i stumble on the we only eat on weekends thread again.. i dont get 5 and 2
    No - you have it back to front. Five days eating normally and two days eating a very small calorie allowance.
  • hayleydawn62
    Options
    Hi, I am doing the 5 - 2, or sometimes it's the 6 - 1. I try to eat sensibly the other day's and find this site helps.
    I have a book by Kate Harrison called the 5 -2 diet book which is really good. I can recommend it.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    this

whatever you do must be long term sustainable, it's a lifestyle, not a diet
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options

sorry, repeating for missed quote

this :)