wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    very gently.

sometimes.

so tender :-)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    We use each other. It's a mutual relationship.

Seriously, my friends here and I have similar views on fitness and diet. After that, the rest is easy.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    To me, it's all of that plus some, they hold you accountable, and sometimes a good job is all you need to hear but also it's nice to be able to help them in their struggles and knowing that other people do struggle at times makes it easier when you struggle because you know it's not just you. If I didn't have my mfp friends, I wouldn't be doing nearly as well as I have been.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    - human shields
    - bargaining chips in hostage negotiations
    - surreptitious medical experimentation

lmao!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I catfish them
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    - human shields
    - bargaining chips in hostage negotiations
    - surreptitious medical experimentation

lmao!

what can i say... i'm a giver.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I use them hard until I break them and then I discard them like a used tissue and move onto the next one.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I find having MFP pals helps in a few ways:

You can get recipe inspiration
    There is a level of embarrassment logging all the naughty habits! I have found this to make me rethink before going over my cal allowance because my MFP buds will see!
    Support
    General talk and advice on exercise regimes/macros etc.

L x

This! Also, when I'm feeling lazy and then I see them log a great workout it gets me motivated to go Kick *kitten*:happy:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Having friends here makes me feel more motivated because they are real human beings like you and I and not just a bill board with a pretty face telling me to step on it and stay on track - watching others lose and get to their goal tells me its very doable and if they can do it so can I. Makes it real and fuels my motivation :)
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Using friends to look at other's diaries to get ideas for meals, especially those who are having a lot of success. Weight loss and fitness can be a hard journey at first, friends can make it better!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I use them hard until I break them and then I discard them like a used tissue and move onto the next one.
    Tis is true, I have seen it and am going through the process...he has a nice van and candy tho.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Tis is true, I have seen it and am going through the process...he has a nice van and candy tho.

Candy? He has candy?
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't really need the pats on the back for logging in or exercising, although it's nice to have the support. I like the chit chat, and it's my friends' progress that inspires and motivates me to reach my own goals. After all, if they can do it why shouldn't I?

^^^This for me too.

I try to keep a mix of friends that are where I want to be (some beyond :)) and where I am now (moving forward....I've learned not to keep the ones that are standing still). The first for inspiration, advice, a model (?) of sorts. The second for motivation and to share in the fun (and trials) of the "journey".
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I catfish them
    I KNEW IT.:angry:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    They're cheap sex toys.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I try to use them to paint my house....hasn't worked yet but I keep trying.....
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    They're cheap sex toys.
    but you said you loved me....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm only friends with cool people who provide alibis and won't rat me out to the cops.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Myself I like gaining information and sometimes finding out different ways to change my eating plans or some good ideas
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'm only friends with cool people who provide alibis and won't rat me out to the cops.

i'd rat you out.

it wouldn't even take much.

maybe just a can of soda from the police station soda machine.

wouldn't even have to be coke or pepsi... it could be an off brand.

just sayin'.