Going camping this weekend!

Options
Ok, I am going camping with some buddies and I have a notion that I will probably blow my whole calorie "allowance" each day...Did you know that 24 bottles of Corona is well over 3000 calories? I think I am gonna be in trouble...

Oops. Ok, so I won't drink 24 a day, but quite a few and then smores and other "camping" food!

What to do, what to do...

Replies

• Blindmethod
    Options
    Ok, I am going camping with some buddies and I have a notion that I will probably blow my whole calorie "allowance" each day...Did you know that 24 bottles of Corona is well over 3000 calories? I think I am gonna be in trouble...

Oops. Ok, so I won't drink 24 a day, but quite a few and then smores and other "camping" food!

What to do, what to do...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I'm not the best person to be responding to you but I say have fun and let loose for a weekend! Eat a s'more every night! Just don't eat 10! Drink your beer and enjoy it! Eat your "camping food" but don't have 10 portions of it. You'll be over your calories but who cares!? If you don't do this every weekend who cares if you just have a small set back? What fun is life if we don't let loose every now and then?! Have a blast!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Every little bit helps or hurts.. So try to minimize your damage: drink corona light, bring chicken breast, turkey dogs and sugar free chocolate for those smores. You can just not worry about it, but realize you may be making yourself that much further from your goal. Whatever you decide. HAVE FUN!!!
  • Blindmethod
    Options
    Thanks! I have only been with this site for a week and I have the "shock and awe" going on with this calorie counting all of a sudden! I actually realize why I couldnt lose weight before...I was eating the wrong things!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Camping is a great time to burn off all those extra calories you'll be eating. Just being outdoors can encourage being more active! Enjoy your time....just don't drink 24 Coronas! :laugh:
  • dancegirl1
    dancegirl1 Posts: 30
    Options
    Yay for camping!! That sounds like so much fun! I agree with "hummm" ....

A friend of mine had a birthday recently and we drank a lot and ate lots of munchy foods...and sadly, I felt like crap about myself the day after. Sooo...moderation! Light beers and healthy alternatives. I think in the long run it will be well worth it, or you may be beating yourself up afterwards.

I'm not sure how serious you are about maybe wanting to be healthy on this trip, but I found a delicious "hot-dog" that is so healthy! At safeway, they are called "Smart Dogs" It is a soy/veggie dog, which sounds nasty but they are quite good! And rather than a scary 200+ calories per dog, there are only 80! You can have like four for the price of one! And they taste so much like real hot dogs. So, just a little tip incase you are that serious about this...
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well MGD light has 64 calories a beer as well as low in carbs.

It's the lowest in calories that I can find!