Unexplained weight gain, constipation, heartburn

Options
13»

Replies

• Ll1992
    Ll1992 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No the spot was there before I used suppositories! Thanks for your concern though. I have never actually had bloods done for my irregular periods but I know I should and I do think I have PCOS. I'm out of the country at the minute until Christmas but will definitely get that sorted once and for all when I go home.
    For those who were suggesting doctors in the US, I'm not American lol. I'm Irish :)
    If I ate everything people have suggested to me for this I'd be eating thousands of calories tomorrow haha.
    However I am gonna try include some healthy fats and prune juice :) if that doesn't work, I'm going to the doctor.
    Thanks again everyone :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No the spot was there before I used suppositories! Thanks for your concern though. I have never actually had bloods done for my irregular periods but I know I should and I do think I have PCOS. I'm out of the country at the minute until Christmas but will definitely get that sorted once and for all when I go home.
    For those who were suggesting doctors in the US, I'm not American lol. I'm Irish :)
    If I ate everything people have suggested to me for this I'd be eating thousands of calories tomorrow haha.
    However I am gonna try include some healthy fats and prune juice :) if that doesn't work, I'm going to the doctor.

You need to go to the doctor no matter where you are if your constipation is not resolved by tomorrow. You want to make sure you are not blocked. You need to report the red spots as well.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

You need to go to the doctor no matter where you are if your constipation is not resolved by tomorrow. You want to make sure you are not blocked. You need to report the red spots as well.

still 99% sure you're pregnant.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating low fat? You need fat in your diet for "lubrication" and constipation is often the result of a low fat diet.

I always wonder about the recommendation of prunes. I love the things and can eat a bushel of them with no side effects at all.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

You DO know what "abstinence" means, right? :huh:
  • nikilis
    Options

doesn't work 100% of the time tho does it?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I think I love you

adam-levine.gif
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Chia seeds? They're great for that. Also, apples always make me wanna do my business. The Chia Seeds take awhile to kick in, usually the next day but I've always had success with those. Have you always been this way just not this bad? My mom has been like this for her whole life, and at times it worsens and she feels like crap, literally. Another not so popular response would be to eat something greasy, sometimes that works for me. But alas, if it fails you end feeling worse. It sounds like it very well could be an allergy, with the hives and such. I'd say try a couple other things and if that doesn't work in a Cpl days see a doctor possibly.
  • Ll1992
    Options
    Yes, I have been trying to eat low fat, but I do eat the odd avocado and I have peanut butter in my oats every morning.
    Apart from that, I don't really eat fats, just oats, fruit and homemade veg soup in the evenings, sometimes with crackerbread, but I don't think there's much fat in that. I eat eggs a couple of times a week but usually just whites.

Someone recommended hot water and lemon to me yesterday so I tried two cups of that this morning, and I went, about an hour later.
    However, (this is gross), I don't think it was enough for the amount of days I hadn't gone, and certainly wouldn't justify the unexplained weight gain.
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options

If it doesn't work it's not abstinence. :tongue:

Abstaining from sexual activity IS 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Give the girl some credit - there are people in the world who are not sexually active.

To the OP - glad to hear you made some progress this morning! If it were me, I would definitely start adding some more fats back into your diet right away. Fat doesn't make us fat, too many calories make us fat. I hope your system is back on track and you're feeling better soon! And if not, I would agree that an appointment with your doctor is in order.

Good luck!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

About this whole post....

adam-levine.gif
    [/quote]
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options

About this whole post....

adam-levine.gif
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Because being backed up for a week, and having people declare you're obviously pregnant is hilarious.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the whole post, but just popping in to say there is no such thing as "reabsorbing toxins." It's bunk spewed out by those that would have you pay good money for some bogus colon cleanse.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have tried coffee, tried 6 prunes yesterday but not prune juice.
    Spots are on my face, theres one huge red one in between my eyebrows which is quite sore. Theres not that many so no its not that bothersome, its just because i dont usually have them that im including them as a symptom. :)

Please go to the doctor.

shes been constipated for a week. its not life threatening. shes just pregnant! take it easy on her in this emotional, but wondrous time.
    Emotional, wondrous, and apparently miraculous since she already stated she's abstinent.

It's a Christmas miracle!
  • Ll1992
    Options
    I'm a strong believer in 'if you've nothing nice to say don't say it at all' and I'm not talking about the pregnancy jokes because I have a sense of humor and I know I'm not pregnant so I can see the funny side.
    However, I don't appreciate being told that the whole post is laughable, I thought they are here so that we can help each other out and share suggestions and experiences.
    To those who have helped and shared constructive advice, thanks so so much :)
  • cheriebery
    Options
    Prunes work because they are a high fiber food. If fiber from other sources hasn't resolved constipation, prunes aren't likely to do the trick either. :smile:
  • nikilis
    Options

If it doesn't work it's not abstinence. :tongue:

Abstaining from sexual activity IS 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Give the girl some credit - there are people in the world who are not sexually active.

Good luck!

remember this guy?

jesus.gif