What to use instead of tortillas?

Options
2»

Replies

• DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If it's low alot or u looking for nature owns has a nice honey wheat bread that's only 40 cals a slice
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    "Better" in what way? What need are you finding that tortillas don't meet?

I'm curious, too.
  • lindzann88
    lindzann88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yea better was a bad choice of words LoL. By better I mean less calories. I also like to mix things up and try new things so I guess that would be under "better" as well.
  • Ozzzy66
    Ozzzy66 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am another vote for the Arnold Thin Rounds. I use the whole wheat and flax seed ones. 100 calories, 1g fat, 21g carb, 5g fiber and 5g protein. Also they only have 170mg sodium.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How about going in another direction and making soup instead? I use chicken and vegetables (carrots, zucchini, onions, celery, green beans, peppers, etc) in a base of chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. You can add a small amount of brown rice, or leave it out if you're watching your carbs. I add spices to make it either Italian or Mexican, and sometimes parmesan/and or fat free cream cheese. I make a big pot on the weekend, divide it into individual servings, and put half in the freezer and bring the other half for lunch. I have a few varieties to choose from after doing this for a while.