having problem using all my calories

Options
I am 43 and are on 1.800 calories a day, I don't work at moment due to having a operation so don't get around a lot but are having problems eating all my calories, I eat 3 meals a day and fruit if I need a snack. but are having 500+ calories left at end of day, are worried I wont lose weight if I don't eat enough ? can anyone help ?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ice cream
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ice cream

My personal favorite is the Klondike bar

But you can settle for: cheese, nuts, avocado, pizza, steak (non lean cuts), protein shake, protein bar or going to town on a jar of peanut butter (my personal bulk favorite).
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish I had this kind of problem! LOL, just kidding. I'm sure it's different for everyone!

What about using those calories up by making something delicious and healthy, like maybe a fruit and yogurt smoothie, or a chicken salad wrap, or some eggs?

Ice cream, like someone else suggested is also a fine choice. As long as there is some sort of chocolate involved. My problem with ice cream is that I cannot stop at the "suggested serving". 1/2 cup? Puleeeeze. Try half litre.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Well, you say that you are inactive due to your medical issue, so I would say that 1300 calories is probably fine for you. Once you become more active, just make sure you begin to eat more. Good luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I usually go with 2 servings- which is 320 calories- about what you can comfortably fit in a mug- not smash into a mug LOL.

I can definitely eat more than that- but that satisfies me- I'm happier with 3 servings- which would fit the OP's needs just fine- 3 is a pretty standard size for me to eat- so I float between the two.

But one? that's what 60 grams?

that barely seems like a single scoop!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    ice cream
    OMG...I don't know why these answers crack me up..I mean obviously it would be nice to go the nutritious route to fulfill our calorie goals but if you have to go 500 cals at a pop..I can damn sure find a thousand calorie dense things I could eat...pumpkin cheese cake, big ole greasy hamburger...sometimes it gets exhausting telling people what to eat when YOU KNOW that they did not get fat from eating rice cakes...but I digress...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    GOMAD. Drink one gallon of whole milk a day.
  • jilliansfitzenjourney
    Options
    First off, I'm jealous. I have the opposite problem. I'm always hungry and want more calories!
    Second, try some nut butter to add some extra calories, healthy fats and deliciousness. Also add some milk to meals to add some more healthy bulk and calories.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I am a personal trainer so I know a good deal about stuff like this. Message me anytime if you ever have any other questions. I'd be glad to help. :)
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't eat. You won't ever stall weight loss because you didn't *enough*-- that's just popular bs.

I expect you just ate more than you think you did, or you're sedentary enough at this time that you just don't need more. The body is very good about telling us when to put more food in it.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If 1800 calories is what you're supposed to eat to lose two pounds per week with a sedentary lifestyle, you probably do need to eat that much. Of course, this is something worse discussing with your doctor or a nutritionist, who may be able to make the call that it is safe to eat less than this.

Just try to eat more often and eat more filling foods. Pre-logging may be helpful because you won't end up having to eat 1,000 at the end of the day!