has your s/o

Options
Ever showed jealousy towards you after you started your fitness journey? Or wanted you to stop for any reason?

Replies

• ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No, just warned me against burnout. I tend to roll at high speed for several months and then crash. He knows my o/m.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Nope but he dislikes the fact that it means I leave the kids with him for several hours at night each week to workout. He is enjoying my confidence and improved body.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Exactly the opposite. Our relationship was good before, but it's phenomenal now that we're BOTH in better shape. There's no jealousy on either side, and we both encourage each other.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    He acts strange about it...in a way that makes me think me losing weight is making him insecure. He acts like my diet and workouts are disruptive to his life. Like me doing a 40 minute Insanity workout in the living room is really that disruptive! He doesn't compliment me on my success either unless I am bragging about it and pull up my before photos...then he has to admit I'm kicking *kitten*. I am trying to get him motivated to get healthy too....but I think that is something everyone has to commit to on their own.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Not really, he is a little annoyed with the healthier suppers and lack of junk food in the house though.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    At first, she teased me and jokingly accused me of having another woman on the side; and I think she was a bit jealous that I was losing weight a lot faster than her.
    Now that she's seen how much I've slimmed down and toned up, she wants to get more active and lose more weight too.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I think he misses some of the snack foods, but he's typically very supportive.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yes. Except by the time I looked good, we were no longer together. He was/is very jealous.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No he has been very supportive
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Nope. He's encouraged me, but sometimes he does tell me that he's concerned that I'm getting obsessed, which I see his point.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Nope. He's encouraged me, but sometimes he does tell me that he's concerned that I'm getting obsessed, which I see his point.

As long as it is healthy, what is wrong with that?
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My ex hated me going to the gym and she would never cook healthy. Now that we're broke up she just says how good I look and how jealous she is. I honestly think she thought I would lose weight and leave her.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    He just dont want me to lose *kitten*! :p
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

As long as it is healthy, what is wrong with that?

Well I do talk about fitness, weight, ect a lot and get a little too down on myself if I gain a couple of ounces. Even a friend of ours let him know that I'm getting on her nerves about that stuff, although I was only talking about it to give her some advice since she's been wanting to lose weight.... I'm working on it though.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    He just dont want me to lose *kitten*! :p

You better not lose that *kitten*...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    He acts strange about it...in a way that makes me think me losing weight is making him insecure. He acts like my diet and workouts are disruptive to his life. Like me doing a 40 minute Insanity workout in the living room is really that disruptive! He doesn't compliment me on my success either unless I am bragging about it and pull up my before photos...then he has to admit I'm kicking *kitten*. I am trying to get him motivated to get healthy too....but I think that is something everyone has to commit to on their own.
    He's angry because he can't bring himself to :(
    Aww.. -hug-
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    He's never shown jealousy towards me per se (in fact, he is very proud of my progress), but he has shown signs of being a tad bit more "protective". That's the word I will use in this scenario. He just keeps his eyes open a lot more then he used to when I was heavier. :ohwell:

I don't mind him keeping his eyes open and he doesn't get angry if people find me attractive, but if anyone disrespects him by being too forward when they know that I am married then he flips his lid. :embarassed:
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    He's angry because he can't bring himself to :(
    Aww.. -hug-

Exactly
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mine keeps saying I'm becoming addicted to exercising. I only do 60 minutes a day. But then again, he's complaining about work pants being tight...