Here's a thought for those who hate gym resolutioners

Options

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Aw carp I had forgotten about those people.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I find it funny (and by funny I mean sad) that people talk about how they wish others would start eating better and start working out, BUT when it comes to January people are suddenly against people being at the gym. Sure the statistics are against them, but what would happen if we try to help instead of give them dirty looks for taking up all the equipment.

:flowerforyou:
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    FGBaggyPants.gif
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have an apartment gym though, meaning everybody subsidizes the gym through rent whether or not they use it. D:
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like the positive twist :)
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    LMFAOOOOO I CAN'T!!!
    jn4wfUO.gif
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    No wonder people are worried about being made fun of at the gym. It really seems to be true doesn't it?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't train in a public gym anymore, but honestly, I'd welcome more people in the gym if they were really working hard at productive things. When I'm traveling and have to use hotel gyms, I like walking in and seeing the place full of people at work on their goals. I like that environment. What I hate is when people are using up valuable floor space, squat racks, etc., doing stupid things and preventing me from doing what I need to do in a timely fashion. And that outweighs any desire I have to train in the company of other people unless I get to pick and choose said people.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    University gym. Each student pays a fee to that is included in tuition, whether or not they use the gym.
    Your logic does not apply to me, I shall continue to be a mean bully and stand behind people with a hand on my hip, tapping my foot and staring them down in the mirror until they get the heck out of my squat rack.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for all the January-only gym goers subsidizing your membership, you'd probably pay significantly more in membership fees.

That in itself has to be worth a little inconvenience in January.

My gym has no contracts so you can stop anytime without financial hardship.
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    No wonder people are worried about being made fun of at the gym. It really seems to be true doesn't it?

We were all new once. The difference? When we didn't know how to do something, we asked, we researched, or we figured it out. I've been made fun of and frankly, I deserved it for being such a douche and trying to be stubborn.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In for funny gym gifs

hE3C963AA
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I think the gym I go to is more of a draw for men than women. Also, I imagine most of the women coming in will not be interested in the one and only squat rack in the women-only section. At least, this is what I am hoping. *crosses fingers*

That being said, my membership is up in March and I'm hoping to have my home power-rack built by then. *crosses fingers again*
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    man-slipped-on-gym.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    7b563a.gif
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I applaud them starting out on the fitness road... with that said, I rarely run into any of them because I am generally in the gym after 9pm.
    Ditto.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    You all were newbies at one time or another at the gym.

And at a lot of things.

Why make fun of someone who is new and trying something to better themselves when you did the same thing once? Did you like it when people made fun of you, rolled their eyes at you and what not the first time you stepped into a gym? Probably not so why do it to someone else?

Are the gyms really crowded at certain times towards the beginning of the year? Sure so figure out what time they're not and go then.

Or stay home.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Probably not so why do it to someone else?

Because gym gifs
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    FUdqy.gif
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OMG I CANT BREATHE! LOL
    jn4wfUO.gif