Top 5 Gym Annoyances

Options

Replies

• melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oooo i have another one...when the hurtin' cougar gets on the machine next to me, with her 3lbs of make up and heavily sprayed hair do...she smells so bad with her perfume that i'm afraid to sweat next to her...it literally chokes my nostrils so i have to get off the machine...she's only in there to pinch young boy's bums anyways (and by young i mean about 45 years old)

AHAHAHAHA!!!! i love this post! those people get me soooo angry! lol it's not just the cougars... its those young ones that go in there looking for their life partners! haha They have a full face of make up and barely workout as well. When I first saw them I was thinking to myself that is sooo bad for your pores then realize HA! they don't even workout! lol ok i'm done now ...... haha
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    People who leave q-tips in the shower. No, you're really NOT doing me a favor because I'm not going to use the q-tips you so generously left me... I don't even want to touch them. If you carry it in with you, carry it out!
  • sloanjr1
    sloanjr1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My annoyance is THAT GUY. The dude who shows up in his super high tech shoes and under armour outfit. I had one at the gym I used to go to. He would stretch on his treadmill right in front of everyone and take his time warming up, meanwhile everyone wanted to punch him in the back of the head... sorry I started ranting...
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I just recently started at a new co-ed gym..I had belonged to a very small womens only gym that was very girly, very clean, etc..

WELL,...often times in the locker room women just leave their *kitten* on the floor, towels, bras, thong underwear and do whatever it is they are doing. Yesterday someone had left two dirty qtips on the ground as well!

And the most irritating thing thus far, and it tops the dude who was watching Game 1 of the World Series on the treadmill yelling at the tv when plays weren't going his way, was the fact that a lady brought her three young boys (under the age of 8) with her to the cardio deck and they were all attempting to use equipment that clearly is NOT for young children while she was working out! I mean the two smaller ones were just about falling off the cybex machines and those things just don't stop when you want them to, they could have seriously been hurt.

Now I appreciate that this woman is trying to get healthy, lose weight, whatever her goal is. Every woman (and man) needs to do that for themselves...but wow. I am surprised the gym allowed that.

Most of the time I can smile and mind my own business after small speculation on my part, laugh it off, whatever. I know when I get going on cardio I can start stinking when I sweat, whatever..we've all got our "gym things" you know? But yesterday? When the kids were using equipment I pay a hefty fee to use, preventing other gym goers from using it, then roaming around like banshee's in the weights 50 feet away from her? That pissed me off.

And those are my annoying gym things. That and the fact that there isn't enough eye candy he he...just jooooking ;)
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    the Grab Assers!!! you know the ones who are just dating or recently divorced and dropped some weight looking for attention. the women usually have their thong sticking out when they bend over or enough cleavage that stops a train. please take the grab assing to the bar when you're done "working out" because that's where they usually end up at the end of the night. i've been with my husband for 6 years and workout together almost every day. we've left the relationship at the door (yes even when we started dating), did what we came to do .....workout hard.....then did our grab assing after we left. there is a time and place for everything.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The grunters are the funniest. I always giggle when I hear them!

Thanks for the enjoyable post!

-Chancy
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    How about when you're in the locker room and two people are talking about something seriously personal. Like cheating husbands and family members in rehab. You are trying to finish what you're doing and get the hell out of there!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use to feel the same way about the grunters until I started working with free weights. I totally understand now. When I am on my last set and you are using everything you have in you sometimes it just comes out. Now I don't understand some of the people that are so loud with the grunting it will make you drop your weights it scares you so bad. I have learned to wipe any machines off before and after I workout. I don't care if I seen the person wipe it off, I'm going to make sure it's wiped off good.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the answers but you should add "the chaters" people who go sit on the equiptment don't do anything except try to show all the knowlage they don't have and try to "hook-up" with whoever and they are always on that one piece you need.
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    1.I hate when some women there are a group of three women gossiping just looking at everyone
    2. I hate how some people bring coffee with them to work out!! Why?????
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The women in the locker room who think the whole area is their personal bedroom. Umm, hello. It is 5:30pm, it's the busiest time of the day, you can't take up the WHOLE bench with your ****, have your clothes and shoes strewn everywhere and then give me a dirty look when I want to put my bag down on 6 inches of the bench. Or the ones who must parade around naked. Yeah, ok, you've got the perfect body. Put some clothes on now. I like boys! :happy:
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Mine isn't exactly an annoyance, it's more like dazed bewilderment. It's those people who have to drive slowly through the parking lot like vultures waiting to pounce on the perfect-up-front-closest-to-the-door parking space. What the heck? For crying out loud people, go park in the other lot and take a few extra steps to walk to the building. It's not like you have to cross a busy street or anything, it's just the lot that is on the side of the gym instead of smack dab in front of the building. After all, isn't getting a little bit of exercise what we are there for to begin with? Then again, never mind, I don't want anyone to know of the best kept secret where I can always find a place, park my car, get my gym bag out of the trunk, and get into the building before some of those vultures even make one lap in their cars looking around for those front spaces.
  • hingebre
    Options
    *bumping this for later* awesome thread :)
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't exactly an annoyance, it's more like dazed bewilderment. It's those people who have to drive slowly through the parking lot like vultures waiting to pounce on the perfect-up-front-closest-to-the-door parking space. What the heck? For crying out loud people, go park in the other lot and take a few extra steps to walk to the building. It's not like you have to cross a busy street or anything, it's just the lot that is on the side of the gym instead of smack dab in front of the building. After all, isn't getting a little bit of exercise what we are there for to begin with? Then again, never mind, I don't want anyone to know of the best kept secret where I can always find a place, park my car, get my gym bag out of the trunk, and get into the building before some of those vultures even make one lap in their cars looking around for those front spaces.

SO true. I used to watch the same thing happen when I went up to the local open space preserve to run. I'd park at the top of the hill and walk down to the trail, and pass all the idling cars waiting for that close spot so they could go exercise!
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    My biggest annoyance at the gym are the boys, yes thats probably you, who stare at women in the free weights room. I've come up with a variety of reasons why this may be occurring:

1. Are they checking me out? Because if they are thats disgusting considering I am sweating from head to toe and smell somewhat gross.
    2. Are they pissed I'm using these weights because they want to use them?
    3. Do they feel their manliness is in jeopardy because there is now a female in "their" area?

Whether it is one of these reasons or maybe another that I have not yet thought of, it really makes me feel uncomfortable. It's hard to be focused on working out when I know that I have eyes on me (considering I can see them in the mirror). Am I the only one this happens to??
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The #1 most annoying trait is people that complain about what others do in the gym instead of worrying about why they are at the the gym and not what others do at the gym, IE the person who would bother to make a post like this one :)

I grunt, I sweat, I dont stare, I don't cell phone and I could care what others are doing. I am focused on what I have to do to get the most out of my workout. If I use the mirror to confirm proper form and someone does too good for him. If I drop the weights so be it. If I listen to music you can hear coming out off my headphones, who's problem is that? I clean the machines cause that is just dirty otherwise.

If you got time to see all these things then you aren't working out hard enough!!!!!

I have to agree with you. If someone is soooo focused on what other people are doing, they are not giving 100 % in their workout. The only ones that I thought actually applied were people taking up the gym equipment while talking on the phone, you have not started because of them so you are obviously not able to give 100%. Other than that, who cares if people grunt, chat, listen to music. Focus on your goals.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Funny, I can't stand the people lifting 20 lbs on the machines who look at me like I'm crazy when I grunt. Hell, I've only got 315 lbs on my back, you'd grunt a little too!

I'll let you guys in on the biggest pet peve of the hardcore guys; stop doing curls in the squat rack! Luckily people know not to do that crap in our gym, more or less.

Best post in this thread :)

I don't have anything to contribute as I have a home gym but will be happy to read about all these funny things.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    My biggest annoyance at the gym are the boys, yes thats probably you, who stare at women in the free weights room. I've come up with a variety of reasons why this may be occurring:

1. Are they checking me out? Because if they are thats disgusting considering I am sweating from head to toe and smell somewhat gross.
    2. Are they pissed I'm using these weights because they want to use them?
    3. Do they feel their manliness is in jeopardy because there is now a female in "their" area?

Whether it is one of these reasons or maybe another that I have not yet thought of, it really makes me feel uncomfortable. It's hard to be focused on working out when I know that I have eyes on me (considering I can see them in the mirror). Am I the only one this happens to??
    They are checking you out!!!!!! Do you really think the fact that you are sweating is somehow a deterant,come on!
  • CisorHeads
    Options
    The thing I cant stand is the fact tat you are supposed to be at the gym to burn off some weight, but how are you doing that if you are talking on your phone??? Apparently you aren't working up much of a sweat if you can still manage to pull of a whole phone conversation. I don't know about anyone else here, but when I push myself, I can hardly talk for about the first 10 seconds after I get off the treadmill or whatever I'm using at the time, let alone hold a whole conversation.
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Put the damn weights back where they belong! mommy does not work here.