I want food!!!! ok so I am new to this

Options
This frustrating world of counting calories can be so depressing I need more!! I want food! the first 3 days it feels like I am starving and going through withdrawls! However I am doing better than my husband!! I love that I can get on the treadmill to earn some back that is cool! I need healthier recipes!
......This is a real Wake up call which I needed! I had no Idea how fast the calories added up!!

Replies

• DESIREERIVERS
    DESIREERIVERS Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to eat enough... I dont get it
  • brooksie176
    brooksie176 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Scary isn't it. I find I eat what I used to but an awful lot less of it. Keep going and don't forget you can earn more food by doing a bit of exercise.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - in no time you will be a wiz at finding how much food you can eat for as little calories as possible! I, too, work out to eat more. Try eating more in the daytime and lighter at dinner - seems to keep me fuller. Also - the Good Earth Caffeine Free Original tea in Sweet & Spicy is a great no calorie comfort drink for the night muchies. Here are a few of my favorite recipe websites to start you off. There is also a great recipe forum on THIS site! Good luck!

www.hungry-girl.com

www.skinnytaste.com

www.3fatchicks.com

www.eatingwell.com

www.cookinglight.com

There are LOTS more out there - just Google Low Calorie websites and surf.....
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The trick is to find lower calorie, fiber rich foods that bulk up and fill your belly, but don't tack on the calories.

Healthier versions of normal food helps, too. easy substitiions that can save the day. Like Bagel thins instead of bagels. or the 100 calorie rolls for bread or buns. Great for any meal or snack! get reduced fat or natural peanut butter instead of regular. fill up on fruits and veggies, they are wonderfully low in calories! Lose the creamy dressings for salads and try rice vinegar instead. Saves TONS!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Upon cutting out all preservatives, artificial ingredients, refined sugar, refined and enriched flour, soda, butter, and fast food (I'll eat Subway from time to time), I've found myself needing to eat way more than I normally would throughout the day just to meet caloric requirements. Throw in exercise... add even more food. The main trick is to eat lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables... plenty of water. The fiber and protein alone should help fill you up. Apart from the high caloric and fat intake from processed foods, think about all the chemicals you're putting into your body. That alone is keeps me from eating it... Bottom line.. organic or natural food = more.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I felt that way at first too! After the first week or so your body starts to adjust and you feel better. Drink lots of water and veg out to make it through!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to just satisfy the motion of eating munch on baby carrots or celery. Calories are low but you are still eating. Also if you feel like you are starving and you have your calories set to lose 2 pds a week change it to 1 pound a week to start off so you get some extra calories. If you burn yourself out in the beginning you won't stick with it. Start off slow if you are making that drastic of a change to your diet.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree with exacerbe!

Natural and organic foods are better for our bodies and eating them allows us to actually eat more food. Processed foods are basically garbage and are just not worth the calories.

Drinking water, at least 8 glasses, helps stave off hunger as well.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    water, water and more water followed by lots of exercise to earn more calories to increase intake. dont worry you get there just takes some getting use to. once you get used to logging your daily cals you will never look back :)
  • Akerman
    Options
    Hey,

I order to help you out (and your husband) it would be good to know some stats about you, such as your height, weight, how much you exercise, typical calories for a day and or break-down of meals. Also exactly what you are looking to accomplish. That would be the most important of all. All of this would help me and others here help you figure out maybe something that you over looked. Proper nutrition is the key to everything and most often whats missing in someones training program...