Easy-on-the-knees workouts

Options
My knees have felt wonky for the past few days. Today, I felt only a slight tinge of pain for a brief moment during my afternoon workout. I quickly modified my moments and the pain stopped. (I probably should've stopped all together, shouldn't I?)

I don't think it's anything serious; I think it's just being 30-something and overweight. I want to keep exercising but I don't want to do any further damage.

Last year, I had (what I think was) bursitis in my right foot/ankle. I did chair workouts and took Aleve until it went away. I haven't had a problem since then.
So I'm wondering, what other routines can I do that are easy on the knees while I try to recover? Or should I stop working out until the feeling goes away?

Replies

• boys4rmine
    Options
    don't feel you need to stop working out. here's a website for great cardio to do that is easier on the knees ;)

Hope you heal up soon!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/10-cardio-workouts-that-are-easy-on-knees/
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you visit a gym?
    Elliptical trainer is good for cardio, calorie burn and less stress on joints. Adjust the effort if you feel a twinge.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges.
  • keithnphx
    keithnphx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Give water aerobics a try. If you belong to a gym, there's probably a daily class. Easy on the joints and great for cardio and stretching. Or, just swim.
  • GetNew81
    Options
    Thanks for these. I'm surprised by suggests of walking, biking and strength training. Don't those all put stress on the knees?