GOAL!!! -83 pounds!

Options
Jme2209
Jme2209 Posts: 24 Member
Hey everyone!

So how about I start with the pics and stats, and if you're interested enough to read my short story it is located at the end of this post.

My name is Jamie, and I'm 22 years old and 5'9.

SW: 248
GW: 165
CW: 165
Starting BMI: 36.6
Current BMI: 24.4

These pictures were taken almost exactly a year apart, at my husband's college's winter formal.
pizapcom1078008653968572621386038276678_zps521377d6.jpg
pizapcom13860387786191_zps73c5cabc.jpg

Here's a short summary of my year:

I started out in a bad place, feeling depressed about how I looked, crying in bed at night while apologizing to my husband for my obese body (he never judged me, and has loved me at my highest and lowest weight). The weight wasn't always there, it came on gradually after high school when I became an emotional eater during Nursing School, and my daily workouts became a thing of the past. But I'm happy to say that I had a light bulb moment and changed my life.

I've lost 83 lbs since January 1st! I started counting calories on my own in January and started logging religiously with MFP in March. At the beginning of the year, I started an exercise routine that contained TONS of Leslie Sansone videos ;) In May I started the C25K app and running has been my primary form of exercise ever since. Throw in a month-long kettlebell boot camp, occasional biking and hiking and you have yourself my common workout activity list for the year. (Can you tell I'm an outdoorsy girl?)

When I started running, everything changed. I thank God for giving me the ability to use my body in ways I'd never dreamed I would. I'm proud to say that I've become a runner and I have included pictures from my FIRST RACE EVER, which I ran last Saturday 11/30/13. It was a 10 mile race that I ran in 1:55:12 (I know, I'm didn't say I was fast!). It was a wonderful, comfortable run, and I'm pretty sure I experienced one of my first LSD highs! I have found a form of exercise that I truly enjoy and can see myself continuing for the rest of my life.

08182074-612e-4b85-9d19-00cf2fd61868_zps3b983938.jpg
1459915_767563843260344_1832683893_n_zpsfe82c1a1.jpg

I'm not a super-strict eater, and no one could call me a "clean eater". I try to stick to whole grains, fruits, veggies, and lean meats when possible (usually during the week). That said, I still do occasionally (actually quite frequently ;) ) eat pizza, dessert, takeout, and packaged foods (OHHH THE HORROR! ;) ). I have had the same breakfast for probably at least 80% of this year. I eat Frosted Mini Wheats with skim milk almost EVERY SINGLE MORNING!! Weird right!?

So there it is, I reached goal in 11 months! I truly do believe that this will be a long term change, because my thought process has changed so much. I am constantly evaluating whether or not a food is worth the calories, even during my "cheats". I think at this point I'm wanting to lose about 10 more pounds (you know how it is, a pound off my thighs, a couple pounds off the belly, etc.)

I have been inspired by the success stories forum, and I hope that I can now return the favor and inspire someone else to continue this journey, because even though this journey isn't an easy one, it's all worth it in the end.

Please feel free to message me or send me a friend request!

~Jamie~

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!