Desperate To Lose This Weight - Please Add Me

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am making another attempt at losing weight. I have excactly 103.8 LBS to lose. How could I have let myself get this way????? I hate myself for that. I know, I shouldn't be hard on myself. I can't help but think it. I feel so uncomfortable in my own body.

I would really appreciate the support. I will not be eating "clean". I am taking baby steps for now. My food choices will not be the healthiest. For now, I am focusing on just staying below my calorie deficit. I am taking it one step at a time. I don't want to make too many drastic changes all at once.

I want to stick to this for life. Because I want this weight off of me for good.

Thank you for reading.

Have a great day.

Paola

Replies

• sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This sounds like a great plan! I'm happy to support you in this if you want to add me.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hi Paola,

Being desperate and hating yourself leads to bad choices. You need to take the time to understand that it takes time and the sum game of small changes to reach what you want to do. You can also enjoy it!

Have fun, you'll make it.

:flowerforyou:
  • deemommiii
    Options
    Best of luck to you, Paula! Sending you a friend request now :)

Dee
  • Best of luck to you, Paula! Sending you a friend request now :)

Dee

Thank you :)

Accepted :)
  • Brittaura
    Brittaura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In the same boat hun =( please feel free to add me, and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me sweetie :)
  • DIVINEMZLIZZY
    Options
    Paola, I've started my new journey today and I'm in the same boat with you. Stay focused, prayed up and concentrate! We will kick this bad habit and reach our goal.

mscfg
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sending request now :) Let's do this!!
  • Thank you everyone for your understanding and support.

Yes, we will do this.

I am taking this seriously.
  • stephyanne1
    Options
    You can do it. : ) It'll be a lot of work, but totally worth it in the end. :)
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm here to support and be supported by anybody who needs it. Feel free to add. The difference in how I'm getting on with my goals since logging and commenting more is crazy! :)
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I will send a friend request. You can add me if you want. I'm down 34 of the 100 I want to lose. I'm believing it can be done!!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The thing that nobody tells you is that it takes patience to lose weight.

The scale will break your heart 354343436 times, prepare yourself for this.

The only way to fail is to quit.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello Caloriescount, you have taken the first stop acknowledging you need to do something about it. Taking baby steps is a good plan, you are more than welcome to add me. I am on daily and would be happy to encourage and support you along your weight loss journey. I lead a Weigh loss support group at my church called Challenge for Life and really am proud of each and everyone of them as well as each of my MFP friends.

I can tell you right know this is not a diet, it is a lifelong comittment. But if you are ready to take this on, I know that you can achieve it as I am a living example. Please feel free to add me if you would like. I wish you the best on your journey, and God bless! One other thing I would suggest is taking your measurements at the beginning as well, because the scale is not always your best friend. As you go along your journey, there are times when your body will catch up and at those times the scale does not always move but you will see changes in your measurements.

I would me happy to be your friend. You can do this!
  • j3nndar3lla
    Options
    Awwh welcome!I'm new to this, too and have around the same amount of weight to lose. sending friend request now :) x
  • I am looking at it as it is no longer an option. It must be done.

I don't want to die at a young age.

I want to have quality of life.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started in July with 98lb to lose. Like you I couldn't believe I'd let it get that far before I took action. I'm now almost 30lb down, and still losing. Slow and steady, plus making a few small changes and then building on that is key. Log your food, eat a little less and exercise a little more.

You've already made the first step - committing to this, and you've got this.

Send me a friends request, if you wish and good luck!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I am taking baby steps for now. My food choices will not be the healthiest. For now, I am focusing on just staying below my calorie deficit. I am taking it one step at a time. I don't want to make too many drastic changes all at once.
    This worked for me. My food choices got better over time. You can do this too.
  • postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will work for you, but one of my problems was that I don't drink enough water. Before I was drinking 1-2 glass of water / day. Now I try at least 2l/day and exercise when I can. This week challenge for me is to walk to work.
  • baudilus
    baudilus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The first step is the hardest - you can do it for sure.

Regarding not eating "clean" and strictly going by calories, I'm a newbie here, but I have done that before and there is nothing wrong with starting out that way. Eventually (and pretty quickly) you'll start to desire more healthy foods rather than "junk" food because junk food tends to be very high in calories for very little food and you can eat so much more of the healthy things and won't be hungry all of the time.

Good luck, and feel free to add me, we can start together!