What is the one thing you cant go to the gym without?

Options

Replies

• stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    would not even attempt to workout if I left my music. They have piped in music which sucks. Plus I would not want to forget my itsy bitty hand weights to use on the bike and treadmill. I know, I know, but I am a senior citizen with progressed joint and muscular degeneration so I bring my itsy bitty weights with me cause theirs start too heavy for me. Been exercising all my life.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    key fob
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    my mp3 player with my favorite radio station on it. IF my batteries die then I lose motivation and focus.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    A way to log my weights. Whether that's an app on my phone or a pencil and paper, I need it.

Same. Just feels like I'm wasting my time if I don't have a target to beat for each set.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    One only? Just one? Man... Okay. My phone. Mainly for taking notes and music listening. HRM is really close too.
  • allopathicJ
    allopathicJ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be headphones.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Agree. My gym normally plays ok music but on the days I forget headphones they always forget to turn it on. I hate it!!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My headphones and cellphone. Can't workout without it.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Chalk.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    headphones and ipod. hate taking my iphone into the gym with me. too many distractions
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Motivation
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Shorts/pants. Not that I really care, but I get fewer charges pressed that way.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Phone for music and the day's training plan, water bottle, after-workout protein shake and chalk.
  • kk1084
    kk1084 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A thousand times yes-- headphones!! I cannot CANNOT stand the sounds of loud, loud talking, body gossip, creaky machines, or silly pick up lines... I also need whatever book I am currently reading ;) But I guess I could do without that if I HAD to :P
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    A towel. I sweat. A lot. So it's necessary for my comfort lol. And my notebook where I keep track of my run times & workouts.

If I'm doing longer distance running, then I like to have my iPod to tune things out.

Edit: Oh, you said just one. Then I'll go with the towel lol.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Motivation

Best answer, we all will NOT get to the gym without motivation!

Assuming I have arrived at the gym with my ID and workout clothes:
    1) I use headphones when I am doing cardio. All our cardio/elliptical machines have TV's with plug ins.
    2) Weightlifting gloves. My wife does not like calluses on my hands.
    3) Water Bottle. I suck down water after every lift or about every 4-5 minutes when doing cardio.

Gym provides sweat and shower towels.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Headphones ... not because of the things you named (although annoying) but because I dont want to hear myself stuggle, or the sound the tredmil is making as if its going to die under the pressure

50540473.png

Im sure you dont sound that bad :)

If anything it would be the sound of some idiot getting killed by weights cause he is trying to lift more than he knows he can to impress someone >.>

OK now that I think about it more SHOES!!!!!!! I went to the gym today in slippers and had to turn back and get them (luckily I work out in my building) it was annoying

50540473.png
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sports bra! Definitely....

If I forgot that I would come home with a sore chest and two black eyes! :laugh: :laugh:
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Chalk.

beast mode activated!!!
  • mnbdance
    mnbdance Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go figure, I responded to this post and guess what I forgot to take to the gym...yes my ipod the one thing I can't go to the gym without. I am certain had I not responded I would not have forgotten the ipod...murphy's law...thank goodness for iheartradio on my phone...lol