toilet seat wars

Options

Replies

• ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

For the sake of avoiding the promised toilet head experience I put the toilet seat down for her. It's really a story of cause and effect... :ohwell:

that's a good idea for me to use on my future husband hahaha
    any man with a shred of dignity would break up with that girl if she did that
    Any man that wouldn't be willing to do something so simple for their girlfriend/spouse/so has little respect for that individual.

Any woman that can't manage to not fall in a toilet probably wouldn't last long with me anyway. Been with the wife for 5 years and she hasn't. Must be fate :smokin:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nope! My man is very courteous and always puts the seat down. If he forgets (or one of his friends forgets, which is more likely lol), I honestly couldn't care less--it's not that hard to put it down myself.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ToiletExplosion_zpsb8020e5a.gif
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Naw. We usually both put the lid down when we flush, but if he forgets, I just put it back down before I sit.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    agree with several posters - get a pet. no more problem. know why? no one wants to find out THAT is why the cat is wet.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I feel demasculated, after living without a female in my house for almost a year, I still instinctively put the seat down after use
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love South Park.

f0f6052e06ea2fa1f79def6aa9a861dc.png
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Oh, how I love South Park.

f0f6052e06ea2fa1f79def6aa9a861dc.png

Lololol I remember that!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No not a problem! If it is up and needs to be down, we just do it!
    :smokin: If it is down and needs to be up.......:indifferent:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Nope not here we have 2 bathrooms :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Most of the time my husband and I use separate bathrooms, but when we have to share we work on the 'whoever last used it gets to leave the seat the way they want it' theory.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if my boyfriend even puts the seat up when he takes a number 1, because it's always down when I go in there!

Either way, even if he did leave it up, I wouldn't care. I end up closing the lid most of the time due to our ferrets and not wanting them to think they can swim their way down the plumbing :laugh:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    She learned to piss squatting to avoid having any confrontations.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I fell in the toilet 2 in the morning and I turned into the exorcist. Never ever had a problem after that.
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I live with 3 males- seat stays up

.....**** I think they trained me to leave it up- this needs to end!
  • Applef1sh
    Options
    At home, I do all my businesses sitting down. Fixes all the problems. In a public washroom, that's another story.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Keep the seat down. The life you save might be your own.

tumblr_mkynjlfoM61qgcra2o2_500.gif
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Nope...my husband had a dog when I met him, so he was a big believer in putting the toilet seats and lids down at all times. We both still do this, even though the dog has been gone for several years now.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have a wife, 3 daughters and 2 grandaughters and every one of them knows to lift the seat back up when they are done.
  • Applef1sh
    Options
    Well, this one's for you.
    interesting-health-facts-19.jpg