Thanksgiving weight gain

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    2.8 lbs up as of this morning. I didn't eat 9800 extra calories (but I did probably eat enough to gain a real pound) so hopefully it'll be gone by this time next week.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    As of this morning +0.6 still, but I enjoyed my day with friends and family with a nice bottle of wine, along with extra food, but didn't even touch desserts...that's my victory! :bigsmile: Wine always leaves me "puffy" for a few days, so I'm good with it...tomorrow is official weigh in day and I am feeling a loss comin' on!!!!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Please don't hate...I lost a pound.

I did it by deciding gravy was ONLY for the mashed potatoes this year (not the mashed potatoes...and the stuffing...and the turkey)
    and by deciding to avoid carb-heavy foods when doing seconds (seconds on turkey instead of on potatoes or pie). I also took a walk on Turkey Day for the first time ever and OVER-estimated my food diary that day...so that I'd be extra serious in the gym the next.

It seems to have turned out OK. :)

SW: 264
    CW: 249
    GW: 150 (*or* 160-170 if it's muscular/toned...I'll revisit this when I get a lot closer to goal...)
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate so much week to week, but it appears im up 2lbs...
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on mondays, so I won't know until monday. I think it'll be a small gain, but who knows? I'm already doing my usual workouts, nothing new on top of things to "burn it all off".
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm still up 3lbs. It's coming off, but slowly!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Down 3 from last weigh in.... Thanksgiving did not mess with me and I still got to eat PIE!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    As of this morning +0.6 still, but I enjoyed my day with friends and family with a nice bottle of wine, along with extra food, but didn't even touch desserts...that's my victory! :bigsmile: Wine always leaves me "puffy" for a few days, so I'm good with it...tomorrow is official weigh in day and I am feeling a loss comin' on!!!!
    Was up, but as of this morning's official weigh in I am down 2 pounds from pre-Thanksgiving Feast weight!!!!! Woot!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself on Black Friday. Yesterday I was down 0.7 lbs, today is still the same. I'll take it! I was only over my goal by 500 though (so maybe 10% above TDEE or something).
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Up 4lbs! WTF
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm still up 4lbs. It must be like gas prices. They jump up at the smallest thing and then never quite come back down.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I ever counted calories for a holiday. I wasn't going to hold back either. A little over 21,000 calories consumed over a 3 day period. Weighed myself the day before Thanksgiving and was at 170. Saturday afternoon I weighed in at 183. Last night weighed in at 176. I have a feeling that by the end of the week I will be close to 170 again.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot Thurs-Sat and drank a good amount with no exercise in that time, and was down 2 pounds on Monday weigh in at the gym.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh-in day so it's the only day that really counts! I stayed exactly the same as last week. I didn't log for 5 days (which I should've), and ate apps and enjoyed wine one night and a few beers another. I also didn't drink a lot of water or go for my daily walks.

Next week, there WILL be a loss!!
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I was up 5 pounds today but I know it's water and my TOM. I feel pretty good because I also know that for me to have gained 5 pounds I would've had to consume 17,500 calories, which I didn't do. We skied for 3 days and I made sure not to over indulge on anything. I didn't track it and I'm sure I went over calories......but not 5 pounds worth. Drinking lots of water and will weigh again in a couple days.