Desperate To Lose This Weight - Please Add Me

Options
2»

Replies

• I am taking baby steps for now. My food choices will not be the healthiest. For now, I am focusing on just staying below my calorie deficit. I am taking it one step at a time. I don't want to make too many drastic changes all at once.
    This worked for me. My food choices got better over time. You can do this too.

That's my goal - making better food choices over time :)
  • mikichrisman
    mikichrisman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I have dabbled with this over the last couple of years, but like you, I'm committing to it today. I think getting the quantity in control is a great way to start. One person mentioned drinking water, so today my goal is to stay under my calorie limit and drink 8 glasses of water.

Wishing you a day of honoring yourself and all you're going to accomplish in 2014.

MamaMiki
  • Jannika61
    Jannika61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula! I am trying to lose again also. Baby steps and one day at a time. We can and will be successful. Just have to try and stay on task. The best words I have ever heard regarding weight loss is "Do better than you did yesterday". Good luck to us all struggling. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • AriaBeth
    AriaBeth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have lost the weight before only to put it back on with I had my last baby. I will never do that again. This is it for me. I sent you a friend request. We are starting out together and we WILL do this!
  • Nice to know we are not alone on this journey.

It's a tough battle, but we will get there if we allow ourselves to.

I was contemplating WW or MFP.

So glad I chose MFP.
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Motivated friends always welcome
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :laugh: It is a great thing to have the support and encouragement. I welcome anyone who would like to add me as a friend!:laugh:
  • duddy2k13
    Options
    A bit of advice to everyone on here,

Speaking from my own mistakes, don't try to lose the weight too fast. Honestly you won't be happy with it, I've got some loose skin around my abs and chest. Went from 165 to around 122lbs in about 2-3 months of very minimal nutrition and lots of exercise. I'm now in the process of building muscle to try and stretch out some of that loose skin and let the rest kind of get back to where it should be by itself.
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    add me! I'm in it to win it, too... come on!!!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Friend request on the way. Anyone else -- please feel free to add me as a friend as well. We all need the support. We simply can't do it alone.

On a related note, at times I feel like I'm off track more than I'm on track. But I'm losing weight so I wonder if this isn't a normal feeling for this type of effort. I think what is really important at the end of the day is getting up off the ground, shaking the doubt off and jumping back into the task.
  • erinkayee12
    Options
    Sent you a request! We can do this!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    What a great thread with so many helpful people!
    I've never had as much to lose, but we all have battles, that's for sure.

I like your plan. Watch the calories first, start slowly adding in new/nutritious foods and before you know it, you'll be doing so much more than you thought. :)

One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time.

Feel free to add me if you're still looking for more!
    Nancy
  • napompl
    napompl Posts: 736
    Options
    Small changes are the way to start. And I completely understand the whole not eating clean, I have an issue with that. I like quick easy meals. Add me if you would like :smile:
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! For me the first key is tracking everything I eat every day, good days and bad.. You can't manage what you don't measure. The second key for me is finding healthy foods that I like (I'm a picky eater) that make me feel full for the least number of calories. Find the keys to keep you focused on the goal and go make it happen.

I'll be rooting for you!