Lemon Pepper Chicken Tacos :o)

Options
TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
I've been on a taco craze lately...not sure why! Almost caused a car accident this weekend trying to get into taco bell's parking lot! :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

ANYHOW! I made these tonight and they were absolutely fantastic! So flavorful and I think my favorite part was that fact that it was 0 sodium in the chicken marinade!

I took chicken tenderloins that are 90 calories for 4 ounces (150mg sodium) and marinated them for three hours in Ken's Steak House No Sodium Marinade and Sauce: Lemon Pepper with cracked peppercorn. I get this from the salad dressing aisle at Wally world. They have a few no sodium options. It sat in the fridge all afternoon and then I dumped the whole bag into a skillet on the stove.

Once the chicken was cooked I added some water and a few spices like chilli pepper, red pepper, oregano, onion, paprika and onion. You could give or take depending on your love for spicey tacos. I am NOT a spice loving girl but I'm all about flavor and a little of each thing is important to me! Let it come to a boil and the chicken was ready. You could use a taco seasoning mix but then you have the sodium starring straight up at you...lol!

I love Meijer Flour Tortilla shells, only 70 calories a shell and they are a good size shell too! So with a sprinkle of cheese, a dab of sour cream, your chicken and whatever veggies you want (I didn't add those calories), you are sitting right at 165-175 per taco.

The same taco that I was craving on Taco Bell's site, which would have been a soft shell chicken taco (I want it supreme which is how I made my homemade one but the info wasn't on the site) sits at 200 calories as a regular taco and add around 50 calories more for it being supreme. On top of that the sodium? Is 660mg a taco!! My taco is 330mg! Its half! And the chicken is only the calories and sodium that it comes with...all that extra flavor we added didn't add any extra salt to make us swell! So if you want to make a taco salad with the chicken as opposed to a taco or use the leftover the next day for a healthy alternative: YUM!

And believe you me...IT WAS SO GOOD! I was literally in seventh heaven! I really recommend those marinades! I use them for everything!

Replies