This Yogurt Tastes Like Icing

Options

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Mix in chocolate pb2 and it will be like a mounds candy bar

hells yea!!!!!! I am SO going to the store on way home tonite...
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I dumped a Dannon in a bowl this morning and mixed in a scoop of chocolate Muscle Milk powder and stirred it up and topped it with sliced almonds. It was very thick and dessert-like, kind of like a chocolate mousse.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for the idea....I will be trying this!
  • KristinaHelwig
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Cobani? No. Oikois? No.

I quite like Chobani and Oikos. Different strokes I guess!

Isn't Oikos a Dannon product? I did like Chobani, but then when I went to Greece and kept seeing Fage everywhere and actually tasted it, I'm a Fage purist. *drool*
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love Greek Yogurt and also love ALL THINGS COCONUT! Seems a match made in heaven. Guess there is going to be some competition for the supply at the grocery store for you ;)

I love coconut too, but real coconut.........not some factory made coconut flavoring.

Plain full fat Fage with a sprinkling of coconut, drizzling of coconut oil and a dash of vanilla and that is 'where its at for me.

Y'all can gladly have the artificially flavored stuff

Ooooh, that sounds delicious!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Let me just note that it does contain 10g of sugar....so that may be a little much for the macros. Just wanted to add that before you went out and got a surprise.
    I just looked online and it says 7g sugar, not 10. Does the container say 10?
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried Dannon Light & Fit Toasted Coconut Vanilla Greek yogurt....good because that just leaves more for me at the grocery store.

It was good enough for me to post about it. It seriously tastes like cake icing.

80 calories...and 12g of protein....0 fat.

I'm no Dannon spokesperson....but go out and try this stuff.
    OMG..isn't it wonderful? I think the light and fit greek is probably one of the best for you greeks out there....I am mad though cuz I cannot find this flavor in a four pack...so i buy a single one of these each week...
  • CM9178
    Options
    If you haven't tried Dannon Light & Fit Toasted Coconut Vanilla Greek yogurt....good because that just leaves more for me at the grocery store.

It was good enough for me to post about it. It seriously tastes like cake icing.

80 calories...and 12g of protein....0 fat.

I'm no Dannon spokesperson....but go out and try this stuff.

Is this definitely the Greek version or the regular version? I see you said 12 g of protein, and that's the Greek one, but then you said 10g of sugar, and that's the regular one. The Greek version only has 7g of sugar. Same calories in both and 0 fat in both. Which one tastes like icing??
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You food purists ought to make your own Greek yogurt. It's super easy.

I actually really want to!
    I should've when I had my gas oven - would've worked better lol

I'm a fan of Fage all the way.
    Sooooo good,
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    thanks for mentioning it! I love the cherry dannon greek yogart!
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My hero!! Thank you for telling us!! I am a yogurt FIEND and always love finding new and delicious flavors!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I eat Oikos Key Lime almost everyday, but I think I'll look for this one too next time I go shopping.
  • annadchang
    annadchang Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Is there a plain greek yogurt out there that isn't very tart tasting? I have a recipe for a mixed fruit sherbert that calls for plain greek yogurt and I tried Oikos and the yogurt taste over powered the entire thing. Thanks:smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Let me just note that it does contain 10g of sugar....so that may be a little much for the macros. Just wanted to add that before you went out and got a surprise.

How can it taste like icing with only 10g sugar? That sounds like magic! (must try)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Is there a plain greek yogurt out there that isn't very tart tasting? I have a recipe for a mixed fruit sherbert that calls for plain greek yogurt and I tried Oikos and the yogurt taste over powered the entire thing. Thanks:smile:

Try Fage plain or Trader Joe's plain
  • CM9178
    Options

Try Fage plain or Trader Joe's plain
    I actually find plain Fage to be extremely tart.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Definitely my FAVORITE :-)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mmmm maybe ill try it...

I still miss the days that I would sit on the sofa and eat an entire container of rainbow chip frosting... yum!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Cobani? No. Oikois? No.

I quite like Chobani and Oikos. Different strokes I guess!

I'm generally a Fage girl, but I do love most of the Chobani Flips (chocolate coconut and key lime are my faves), and will settle for Chobani or Oikos if I can't get Fage.