What was your favorite childhood toy?

Options
I just had a conversation with my brother about what his kids wanted for Christmas this year. The kids are between 7 and 12 and they all want some sort of electronic device. It got me thinking about the toys I really loved when I was young, and my Lite-Brite has to be at the top of that list. What was yours?

Replies

• bunnybutler29
    Options
    I wasnt very interested in toys growing up. I would much rather be outside in a tree or trying to dig a pool in the back yard filling it with water and putting turtles in it that we would find. Only problem with that was I didnt know box turtles were land turtles. Poor things...oh well I had fun then we set them free. Imagination was my toy. Even as an adult im not much into electeonics and would rather be out doing something.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have two favorite toys: one was a giant stuffed gorilla and the second was an old keyboard my mom brought home from her work.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    LEGOS!
  • linzchapates
    Options
    My popple!
  • sapphyreskye
    Options
    Hot Wheels and lots of track to go with them!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My favourite was the Glow worm!! :happy:
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    My popple!

Oh my gosh, I forgot about Popple!!!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Pogo Ball.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My stuffed dog. A gund Muttsy. I named her Ginger. She looked like this:

il_570xN.458012709_s21g.jpg

Some twenty years later my real dog ate her face off. I did basic reconstructive craniofacial surgery but I am no great seamstress so she looks a little smashed up these days.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wasnt very interested in toys growing up. I would much rather be outside in a tree or trying to dig a pool in the back yard filling it with water and putting turtles in it that we would find. Only problem with that was I didnt know box turtles were land turtles. Poor things...oh well I had fun then we set them free. Imagination was my toy. Even as an adult im not much into electeonics and would rather be out doing something.

This. Climbing trees and getting "lost" in the woods and catching frogs and toads and discovering birds' nests was my life. I wish I could go back, but I'm an adult now and I have to go to work, instead. I get still my kicks from running outside, though :) While I wouldn't mind a tablet to play with once in a while, I'd rather get a new pair of VFFs :)
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bb gun
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My bike, and then on rainy days when I wasn't allowed outside I would play for hours with my spirograph experimenting with different patterns and colors! Loved that thing!
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    bb gun

You'll shoot your eye out!!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Barbie dolls....I asked Santa for one every Christmas :smile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    bb gun

BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Barbies for sure, especially over at my cousin's house cuz she was spoiled and had mass amounts of awesome barbies and clothes lol
    Other than that, I played outside a lot. My bike and roller blades were my fave outside things to do after I stopped climbing trees.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I could rock some Capsela or K'nex.
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    bb gun

BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER!

I know right???
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It went "Zip" when it moved
    And "Bop" when it stopped
    And "Whirrr" when it stood still
    I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will

Peter, Paul & Mary - The Marvelous Toy .

That song always comes to mind.
    For me... I remember a toy that was a long rectangular shape, divided into many compartments, with marbles inside. You had to turn dials and move levers to get the marbles down to the bottom. I loved that toy.

I just googled and found it :-D
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1971-Fisher-Price-118-TUMBLE-TOWER-Marble-Toy-Puzzle-Game-21Y-/151171137973
    HAHA
  • lydbug08
    lydbug08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    definitely my barbies. my favorite barbie was the pretty and pink barbie. she came w/ the hair twirler. i used the old tin band-aid container to keep all their shoes. when i would outgrow my clothes, my mom would take them and somehow shrink them down to make miniature size clothes for my barbies. she made a beautiful wedding dress, inc veil, out of old curtains. i still have all my barbies and their accessories. i store them in a silk-lined case. they're very sentimental for me. :heart:

lite-brite
    quiz whiz
    roller skates