nauseous after eating raw carrots

Options
what gives? i usually have 1 serving (3 oz.) at lunch, but feel sick after. i know, i know, don't eat them.. but just curious if this happens to any one else?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I also experienced this issue I believe it has something to do with the glycemic index - the cause of the level of glucose in the blood to rise resulting is a sick to your stomach feeling. I read somewhere to eat raw carrots with hummus or nuts and since then that seems to help I have not been having the nauseousness feeling.
  • narowski
    narowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I also experienced this issue I believe it has something to do with the glycemic index - the cause of the level of glucose in the blood to rise resulting is a sick to your stomach feeling. I read somewhere to eat raw carrots with hummus or nuts and since then that seems to help I have not been having the nauseousness feeling.

Carrots do have a high glycemic index, but they have a low glycemic load, which means that on their own they do not cause a significant rise in blood sugar.

OP, a quick internet search says that what you experience is not uncommon. Just go to Google and type in "nauseated from carrots".
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Oh no, that's sad! I prefer raw carrots to cooked ones. Maybe if you don't eat them at all for a week and then try again?