Hate watching my weight

Options
I hate having to watch my weight. Im generally a lazy person or maybe just cant do something long enough to make a difference . I get bored EASY. Having to watch cholesterol. Diabetes runs in the family. Whats a girl to do?:cry:

Replies

• waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I started on here as a tool to lose weight that I knew I needed to for a while. My doctor put me on Metformin for my blood sugar which was borderline diabetic. I decided enough was enough. Not getting any younger and I to have diabetes in my family. My grandfather died from it at 58. I certainly didn't want that to be me. I started just watching what I ate in July then turned to MFP to use as a tool to help me. I've lost almost 50 lbs so far. My body fat is also down to almost where it should be. Still have about 15 more to lose. For me I had to have a good enough reason to lose the weight. That was motivation enough. When people say they can't get motivated I believe you need a good enough reason. My health was a very good reason to get healthy. I didn't need anyone else to motivate me. :bigsmile:
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to say that I hated watching my weight too. It was actually part of my persona -- "I"m a foodie, who loves life too much too much to go on a diet...." I didn't even own a scale.

I started out adding stuff instead of taking it away. I first tried adding exercise. I lost 17 pounds over 10 months. That may not seem like a lot, but it was enough to transform my thinking about the process as "becoming healthy and living life to the fullest" rather than the negative "process of dieting/losing weight". When I joined MFP, I just added logging the first 2 weeks without restricting. I felt logging was achievement enough in itself.

Perhaps it would help if you too to start with adding rather than subtracting. For example, set a high protein goal. Try to get enough fiber and micro nutrients. Try to achieve a certain amount of exercise.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yah, I hate watching my weight too. Life isn't fair, but you do what you gotta do.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's a lot more fun to watch your weight go DOWN when you have committed the time to making it happen. Eveyone is dealt a different hand, it's up to you on how you will play it.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Love what Elisa.... said ^^^ Start with Adding more good!
    Stop telling yourself you're lazy! Start telling yourself you Want to do more!
    How old is your daughter? She deserves a mom that can do things with her.

I was 'skinny fat' I Looked ok, but was fat, and my 'good' cholesterol was only 21 -- should be 50+ It took me awhile to find workouts that I really liked and get into a good routine but between that and eating better -- not perfect -- but better -- my "Good" number is at 45.... getting closer! I'm no longer 'at risk' :) I'm watching too many people hit 50 saying "Oh, its natural to be big at this age" BS I'm not going for it. I'm shooting for my best. Turned 48 last week and I may be the closest I've been to having flat abs Ever. Of course its my cholestoral and other numbers that really mean the most to me. Making it easier on my body to just Live!

Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I hate watching weight... But calories changes daily and I can add them in multiple times in the day either via phone or internet, sometimes item by item or at the end of the day all at once, or the next morning because I forgot... That is more interactive to me and beneficial.

With it being winter, my exercise sometimes goes down the drain. A few situps here some squats there, but nothing extensive till spring - but still when I track calories I can get motivated to exercise too so I can track that.

Whatever you do, make it convenient and tell yourself that it is fun, interesting, or at least something important to you. Very few people actually do things they hate so we have to find ways to make it to something we like or at least enjoy some aspect of. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    just think if you watch it now it'll help keep you from being a debilitated old lady having to get her diaper changed and insulin shots. I'm extra lazy too my natural state is potato.

We do the things that are important in life. If this isnt important then you wont do it. If it is you will.

oh dont do everything either if you can do one thing better everyday youll improve its about consistency.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    What's the alternative?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I hate having to watch my weight. Im generally a lazy person or maybe just cant do something long enough to make a difference . I get bored EASY. Having to watch cholesterol. Diabetes runs in the family. Whats a girl to do?:cry:

That sounds a lot like me. But, I hate being fat and unfit more. And the thought of all those medications many of my friends and family my age take scares me. So, I watch what I eat and i switch up my exercise often. When I get bored, I move on to a new exercise. It seems the only logical solution for this girl. :ohwell:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

um...suck it up and flex your willpower and determination?

vFny0.gif
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    you either watch your weight or don't. it's entirely your decision and no amount of motivation or inspiration will get you to do anything you are not dedicated and resolved for.

eta: because I'm trying to be more helpful... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just quit while you're ahead. Clearly you are not cut out for this and you will just fail at it because "I hate having to watch my weight. Im generally a lazy person or maybe just cant do something long enough to make a difference".

Good luck with the diabetes and high cholesterol though! :flowerforyou:

/sarcasm

Diabetes. High cholesterol. Two perfectly good motivators right there. Get your *kitten* together girl.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I actually love watching my weight. Its amazing how body reacts to different times of month, different foods and exercise. Also keeps me in check!