Advice needed

Options
Hi there,

I'd used MFP earlier in the year to get down to a weight of about 160 from 190. However over the summer I stopped and went back at about 175 before I got using it again. (5 foot 11 male)

I've set MFP to lose 1.5lbs a week (1480 a day) and im now down at about 168. On average weekdays I'll eat around 1800 calories a day and burn about 1000 in the gym and walking. On weekends I eat/drink most of this back so I'm probably netting roughly 9500 a week.

Yesterday I had a massive helping at an all you can eat buffet and today I'm really dizzy and feel really sick so much so I can barely focus on anything. I often feel a bit dizzy/lightheaded/spaced since ive started MFP again in this fashion

So my main questions are am I netting too few calories?
Will making up my calories at the weekend be hindering my weight loss?
Could my massive dizzyness be from some sort of shock of overeating and not exercising yesterday?

Thanks

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sugar rush to me! You'll probably get the carb crash soon, and it'll be "heads on desk time" in your office.

You've lost 30 pounds by eating in a deficit. Sounds like you know what you are doing.

Don't panic. Enjoy the feast!
  • avalanches1
    avalanches1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sugar rush to me! You'll probably get the carb crash soon, and it'll be "heads on desk time" in your office.

You've lost 30 pounds by eating in a deficit. Sounds like you know what you are doing.

Don't panic. Enjoy the feast!

This. It's not that big a deal. Are you looking to go into maintenance mode soon? I would slowly increase my calorie intake just for that reason alone.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So my main questions are am I netting too few calories?
    Will making up my calories at the weekend be hindering my weight loss?
    Could my massive dizzyness be from some sort of shock of overeating and not exercising yesterday?

Thanks

If I read that correctly and you are a 5'11" man netting only 800 calories per day, then my answers are:

Yes, you are netting too few calories.
    No. And if you are really making up enough to make your average daily net a reasonable amount, that could change the answer above.
    Yes. That coupled with simply not getting enough calories for your body function properly.