has your s/o

Options

Replies

• Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mine is super supportive but once in a while he can be a bad influence. He got used to bringing me home candy (it was a ritual when i was preggo and/or fat) and now i'm like "damn, better not waste this" hahaha.
  • DiamondDust75
    Options
    Yes, my husband is terribly jealous. He hates my use of MFP and is convinced I am cheating on him. I know he has insecurities of his own, but that doesn't give him a right to take them out on me.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    XEBB5lr.jpg

^^^This^^^ :smokin:

Same here! :drinker: :cry:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    He could care less..
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My ex-hubby used to encourage me for a little bit, then suddenly he would get sullen, and quiet.... Towards the end of our marriage he fessed up that he preferred me being big (and helped it along as much as he could) because he didn't want other men even looking at me.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Not really jealous as much as unsupportive in some ways. I think he kept expecting it to be a tempory thing and as my journey continued he complained about the expenses and time of my new lifestyle. I can see that my personal trainer is expensive and I don't need her to work out but I like training with her and I have no other habits so I think it was a small price to pay. If you add up his ice fishing, camping, movies, drinking, and watching the fights I am sure he spends more then I do on the trainer. Plus the more I exercised and ate good the more watching him sit on the couch annoyed me. I guess you could say my lifestyle change was a source of contention. We have recently split ways.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Not really jealous as much as unsupportive in some ways. I think he kept expecting it to be a tempory thing and as my journey continued he complained about the expenses and time of my new lifestyle. I can see that my personal trainer is expensive and I don't need her to work out but I like training with her and I have no other habits so I think it was a small price to pay. If you add up his ice fishing, camping, movies, drinking, and watching the fights I am sure he spends more then I do on the trainer. Plus the more I exercised and ate good the more watching him sit on the couch annoyed me. I guess you could say my lifestyle change was a source of contention. We have recently split ways.

^this!!!!! is where I am at ...
  • CCSMB
    CCSMB Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes...as matter of fact, he wanted me to stop working out this morning cuz he wanted a quickie
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Nope! He is awesomely encouraging.
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    She likes it ok, but has warned me about becoming judgmental to other people.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    A bit scared of change (healthy foods, really?) and competitive (now that I'm smaller than him, he's trying to eat better) and not happy about "the girls" shrinking (no explanation needed, right?)...but not jealous.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    nope!!! he loves it. the harder i get ... the harder he gets!!!:smokin:
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    As long as I don't lose my boobs or my *kitten* he's happy!
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    He could care less..

LOL this ^^

Me: I come home from working out and say, "Hey Hunny, I just walked 45minutes and burned 250 calories!"
    Him: Without moving his eyes away from whatever sporting event is on TV. "That's nice, Dear"

or

Me: "I've tracked my food for 30 days in a row!"
    Him: Stares at me with a confused look..."Is that something to be proud of?"

Maybe he will start to notice once I have lost more weight.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My husband has been indifferent about my entire Journey. It wasn't til this last weekend that I found a picture of myself from June of 2012 that he realized how far I've actually come.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    My wife and I both try to support each other to keep up the encouragement. Especially when one of us gets down and starts to slack off. I give her hell about eating sweets, she gives me hell about eating bacon (omg I miss bacon so much!) She is also a vegan, but we work around that because I just throw meat into my portion of whatever she makes. She used to be insulin resistant and lost about 80 lbs, so she is super motivated to stay fit.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well my husband is totally supportive - we both signed up to MFP together and have been losing weight steadily together since then :-)
    We support each other, and he even bought me a Fitbit a while back.

I really feel this journey is bringing us even closer :-)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I could not ask for a more supportive partner. We are in this together...
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Yes. Very much into Sabotaging my progress by baking sweets and homemade cookies, my downfall
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Ever showed jealousy towards you after you started your fitness journey? Or wanted you to stop for any reason?

A bit. I work at a college so lots of impressionable young women and that doesn't help.