Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    BUCKEYES, BABY!!!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Yeah...all Ohio State has done, and I am a Penn State fan so not a buckeye backer, is gone undefeated for 2 consecutive seasons at this point....psh...
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i have heard a lot of talk that OSU and FSU will be the 2 teams unless they lose a game. if bama or auburn go to BCS championship game over two undefeated teams hell will break loose again like it did a couple years ago when Bama and LSU both went over undefeated teams. But the BSC bowl game is all crap anyways. I can not wait for the playoff system to start.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    BUCKEYES, BABY!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    If OSU beats MSU I do not think that Auburn will jump in the #2 spot. Even with Auburn having the strength of schedule and IF they beat Mizzou (being ranked with what they are) I dont see the polls putting a one loss SEC team over an undefeated BIG10 team... But also lets not forget that FSU could easily lose in the ACC championship game as well which would bump everyone up one and it could be OSU and Auburn for the title. Or even both FSU and OSU losing therefore putting in 2 SEC teams in the title game. Damn... that playoff needs to get here sooner then later.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    The only legit conclusion to the BCS is Bama winning a 3-peat national championship without playing another conference champion in any of the three years. So hopefully FSU and OSU lose, so we can get a Bama-Auburn rematch.
    When are SEC fans going to get it.
    NOBODY wants another freaking Bama/Barn matchup.

Guess what ya'll lost. Forget it.

I can't stand FSU or tOSU.

But in order to stop such bullcrap from happneing I'll root fot both to win.

There are 126 teams playing 12-14 games with almost no schedule overlap outside of conferences. Picking two teams to play for a "national championship" is a joke, no matter which two teams they are.

Bama hasn't even played against a conference champion from any other major conference in the last two years of its "national championship" titles. Why not go full retard and make it a threepeat?
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the Pacific NW, I've only seen FSU on TV twice and, like OSU, I wasn't impressed either time. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU knock off OSU at all. Although I'm burned out of the SEC, I'd like to see a Mizz/FSU game and Mizz to win it all.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    BUCKEYES, BABY!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

QFT
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The only legit conclusion to the BCS is Bama winning a 3-peat national championship without playing another conference champion in any of the three years. So hopefully FSU and OSU lose, so we can get a Bama-Auburn rematch.

There are 126 teams playing 12-14 games with almost no schedule overlap outside of conferences. Picking two teams to play for a "national championship" is a joke, no matter which two teams they are.

Bama hasn't even played against a conference champion from any other major conference in the last two years of its "national championship" titles. Why not go full retard and make it a threepeat?

lol I like you.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I live off the Purdue campus.

My opinion is VOID.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ohio State won't get past MSU in the Big Ten championship game. They've never played a defense like the Spartans will bring. FSU vs Auburn in the BCS championship game
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Why would ANYONE think Duke would win over FSU? Only way that happens is if this legal crap throws them off their game.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the Pacific NW, I've only seen FSU on TV twice and, like OSU, I wasn't impressed either time. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU knock off OSU at all. Although I'm burned out of the SEC, I'd like to see a Mizz/FSU game and Mizz to win it all.

I like this guy. MIZZOU BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Why would ANYONE think Duke would win over FSU? Only way that happens is if this legal crap throws them off their game.

It's a game and there's no series play to mitigate for anomalies.

I don't think Duke will win, but of course there's a chance. Maybe famis rapis will be be off. Maybe the D-line will eat bad eggs that morning. Who knows.

Were the Grizzlies better than the Heat last season? They were over the first 12 games, and beat them head to head. Lulz.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    SEC top 3 or 4 teams > most conferences top 3 or 4 teams.

SEC bottom 18 teams (sarcasm) < most conferences bottom teams

I don't think Bama makes their way back in. I could see Auburn jumping tOSU if tOSU struggles against MSU.

It would be cool if Bama could win one by actually going undefeated once.
  • Dch2272
    Dch2272 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    War Eagle!!!!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    Buckeyes vs. ??

Whatever the match-up, it will be a good game. FSU has a good offense and Auburn, I think, only won on a fluke, because Alabama was playing to win, not playing for OT. Let us not forget Missouri could go to the National Championship if they were to beat Auburn and FSU was to lose which is highly unlikely, but anything can happen.

I'm a Buckeye at heart, but even I will say, Michigan State will be our toughest challenge. We have cut it close quite a bit this season. I would have rather seen us go to the Rose Bowl, but in the end, it just doesn't matter. It's only football.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Did anyone think Appalachian State would beat Michigan a few years ago... 07 I think? Did anyone think that the US would win Gold in Hockey at the 80 Olympics? I mean anything can happen in sports. Do I think it will happen... no. Do I think it is possible... I do.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD ANYBODY THINK DUKE WOULD BE 10-2 in regular season play this season?

There is a whole reason we actually watch football.

And "legal crap" is a pretty crass wy to put rape allegations./
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ME TOO^^^^^